Crimson Karma - Ch. 65

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Change it if you want. Pronunciation is pretty much the same anyway

While I do like Etelle better (sorry),
I actually just commented to say that I also love your comments page.
(and the little photomanip :)
Your chatty style and choice of topics really do feel like what mangaka often say in their own works, which just adds to the warmth of this series.

So, Thank you for all the work you do as a fan - for the fans. And, keep on voicing your thoughts :D

p.s. In the U.S., Ethel is a very old name that has been out of fashion for over half a century. So, whenever I hear the name Ethel, I immediately picture someone in their 80's. Etelle sounds young, vibrant, and vaguely french - all of which is appealing.

Double-page supporter
I like Etelle since it stems from the word “Estelle” or “star” which is what I thought our beloved Ernon named her after much consideration.

Ethel sounds a little more masculine, and all I could find was it meant “noble” or “ancestral”

But also I like Etelle cuz she a bad bih.

A7218527-055-A-4-F65-AA62-2959585-A3794.jpg

SGR

Double-page supporter
"Etelle" is cringe, "Ethel" is plausible at least.
But whatever you choose, do realize that it is YOUR choice not ours - and the only thing we would require from you in that regard is that you would make a prominent T/L note when (if) the new spelling is introduced.

Thanks for your hard work, tl! While you might want to name her Ethel, i personally like Etelle more. Ethel was actually the name of an old lady that i helped took care of at a nursing home. And she was.... to put it mildly, a racist bitch. So.... Not really that fond of Ethels personally lol

i..wanna go with etelle..but..do you have any specific reason..as to why you want to change the name? if it is coz of spelling..then in future
it'll be revealed that ernon's mom name is estelle something..so he gave kasia a familiar name.....soooooo

I quite like Etelle, it reminds me of Estelle which I guess is what I see her to be for Ernon, a faint star and his guiding light. Also it sounds like a fantasy name haha!

whereas Ethel seems a lot older for some reason? Ofc if the author has made it known somewhere that Ethel is the proper spelling, then sure.

@Nep pronunciation is completely different though?? Elle in Etelle is like bell but el in Ethel is like label.

I'd prefer to keep the name the same. All these pseudowestern names are terrible lol, but we're used to them so thats just that now haha.

I know it's a little late but wanted to say thanks for picking this up. And Ethel sounds good by me. I'm all for the change so long as it remains consistent in your translations

Users who are viewing this thread