Crossplay Love: Otaku x Punk

Double-page supporter
@kurisu May I ask how it isn't? The description says the 2 are in love with each other, and the cover implies they are both boys. That would constitute Boys (Shounen) Love (Ai)

@GodGinrai But they're not in love with the other guy, they're in love with the other-person-who-they-think-is-a-girl. So it's not BL, it's just super-bizarre het.

Double-page supporter
@TehFreek We don't call it BL when a real guy has feelings that he doesn't think he should have for the "guy" (actually a reverse trap) in gender-bender stories. That's because it's actually a hetero relationship, and there is a period of time where the person thinks it might not be. Shounen Ai is not defined by what gender a character thinks they like, but what gender the two characters expressing love actually are. (the same is true for shoujo ai)

Power Uploader
@GodGinrai your conceptions of what Shounen Ai is don't matter if pixiv says it's not Shounen Ai (BL).
Pixiv didn't tag it as BL so it's not BL https://comic.pixiv.net/works/5097
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Edit: btw, I agree with @TehFreek

Double-page supporter
@kurisu You can agree all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a mistaken opinion. The reason tags exist is to properly convey to the readers what kind of content is in a story. This story has 2 boys who are in love with each other and you are refusing to tag that using the appropriate tag for indicating boys love.

EDIT: Also, the description on that pixiv page specifically refers to it as Boys Love. It used 女装男子ラブ, which translates to "crossdressing boys love"

Power Uploader
@GodGinrai don't use just parts of the description and twist them to fit your arguments. It says 違い女装男子ラブ(?)コメディ which translates to a "A different crossdressing boys love (?) comedy". It's clear that they are making fun of the real BL. So, not Shounen Ai.

Mind the question mark.

Double-page supporter
@kurisu Even what you translated the whole sentence to implies that it is boys love. Just because it parodies the genre doesn't mean that it doesn't belong in it as well. In fact, you'd be harder pressed finding examples of parodies that don't belong to the genre which they parody.

Double-page supporter
Regardless of the argument on whether this situation counts as boys love or not, it does make the most sense to use the same tags the source does.
That said, unless some kind of magic shenanigans go down I imagine at a certain point of story development it'll need that tag added. That or just never have story development get that far, which causes other issues.

Power Uploader
Just as @Keansor pointed out, it's the most sense to use the same tags the source does.
If, or when, pixiv adds the proper BL tag to this manga I'll personally ask the mods to add the Shounen Ai tag to this entry as well.

Fed-Kun's army
i dont get why people dont like when these get tagged as GL and/or Shoujo .... like yes they are guys, but they present as female, they like each others female side while looking female themselves, from both an outside perspective its GL, and from their own perspectives its straight, BL actually applies the least here as nobody knows its BL, only "god" (aka the readers) do

if this happened irl, and two crossdressing dudes who looked completely like girls made out and you saw it, would you be "oh crap this is BL"? no, you would "know" its GL

the tags are fine, the only way BL should be added i think, is if they find out the other is a boy, and they still love each other even after finding that out, at that point its genuine "love of a boy" ... but as it stands they dont love another boy, they love a girl

plus BTW, i know some people assume shoujo is another tag for GL and crap, or has female MC etc... but in reality "shoujo" simply means the target audience is young females, the MC or content of the story is irrelevent

Fed-Kun's army
@godginrai by your logic if a male loves a transwoman they are gay/BL ... the Transwoman is technically a male, and especially early on before surgery, they are essentially a crossdressing boy.... in reality the male is in love with what they earnestly believe to be a female, in that regard its not boy on boy love

same applies in this story, the males believe the other is a female, as such its a male on female love, even if they are still both male

Fed-Kun's army
@szeine Shoujo just means the story is targeted at young females, content or MC is irrelevent .... generally speaking all "boys love" or yaoi stories are Shoujo as male on male relationships are generally targeted towords a female audience

Double-page supporter
@Nari This is literally about two crossdressers. No surgery involved. Your attempt at baiting me into a gender rights shitstorm has failed. They are boys, and it doesn't matter what they believe the other is. What matters is what their actual gender is, because tags exist to inform the reader about the content of the story, which is two boys (shounen) in love. (ai)

I don't even know why I'm responding to someone inconsiderate enough to triple post instead of using the edit function... -_- Especially given that @Keansor's and @kurisu's last comments have provided a satisfactory resolution to the discussion.

And I won't be responding to anything else in this comment section anymore. I can tell from the post that I am responding to that any further discussion here will just be an exercise in frustration.

Fed-Kun's army
@godginrai ... i wasnt baiting anything, was just saying how your logic is being used, and shounen ai is when a boy falls in love with a boy.... however a boy did not fall in love with a boy, a boy fell in love with what they think is a girl, regardless of what the others actual gender is, it doesnt change the fact that its not a boy loving a boy

if you fell in love with a cute girl and find out later they were a boy and lost interest, would you call yourself gay? or would you say you fell in love with a boy? most likely no, you wouldnt, because you *didnt* fall in love with a boy

this is some strange situation
never would i thought of something like this

Users who are viewing this thread