Cultivator Against Hero Society - Ch. 42 - Don't try to look cool before you're done fighting, pretty boy.

Did anyone else notice that the alien escapes in a Starfury from Babylon 5? That's a pretty deep science fiction cut.

Dex-chan lover
"photogenic"
a nice-looking guy who is related to light-powers
nice pun, TL
thank you, again

Aggregator gang
Just want to gives a notice on this sentence
"It appears that they survived from my attack"
feels off somewhat as yansen didn't even launch his attacks.

Maybe it should be
"it appears I didn't have to use my attack"
Or
"it seems I don't need to attack them"

Idk chinese, so I just make assumptions from follow up dialogue. I hope it helps. 😉

As always thanks for translating this manhwa. 👏

So the technique is "光能无限释放". 光能 is "light energy", 无限 means "limitless" or "infinite", and 释放 means "release."

Faithful ways to translate this:
Infinite Photon Release
Limitless Light Blast

Beautiful ways to translate this:
Infinity Nova
White Hole
Ultranova

Personally, I think "Infinity Nova" is the best balance of accurate and elegant. "Nova" has multiple meanings in English, and one of them refers to any powerful explosion of light and heat, not just the astronomical meaning referring to the last throes of a dying star. Also, it sounds tonally about right for this kind of superhero show.

Group Leader
@akxera I know it feels weird, but the exact translation was "They somehow avoided death", which is really bizarre to me, so I assumed he launched an attack that was just not shown.

Group Leader
Oh btw, the last panel is lacking a word, she says "we won't be able to riposte.".
My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread