Cylcia=Code - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Group Leader
Next time: Ayame strips off Kanata's panties~, fishing, and the Ikaruga Brigade's Most Wanted Waifu competition
Another week without Omake, so I've included the cover sketches from twitter. Glad to see that the best (booty) option was chosen.

((seems trying to upload a correction KO'd the original chapter, sorry to anyone who was reading it at the time))

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for translating this manga. These mangas with .hack type story always get complex in some point, now the funny thing was in this chapter they addressed a topic that is usually ignored ( purposefully, because of writing difficulties generally ), from where comes the technology to create all of this and in this manga, this is even more clear because the game is projected directly on the real world.

@overunderthrust wait there will be pantsu research on the next chapter?

Dex-chan lover
@overunderthrust This makes the ungrateful task that is grinding seems so much more palatable ( and what better place to grind than your bed no? ).

I doubt the guy's name is actually written as "younger brother". It was likely just written that way so the author wouldn't have to explain their relationship in a separate line.

Group Leader
@vertigo I thought so too at first. "Over-technology" (オーバーテクノロジー) is something like alien technology or future technology, based on some old games that used the same term. Über would be yuubaa (ユーバー) in katakana.

@fatalystic I wasn't clear enough with that note; Roka is the display-name for the character, and the kanji was used as sub-text to explain the relationship between Rage and Roka. I'll issue a corrected version of this chapter later with something like "the kanji used here".

The kana used for Roka's character name is a reference to the beauty of morning dew on a flower (literally "Beautiful dew", 露華), while the kanji that was actually used is 弟 (Otōto), younger brother; Highlighting that Roka is a boy playing a female avatar, foreshadowing for some tearjerking later, and expanding the potential harem into trap territory.
Ohmori Aoi make really excessive use of varying the kana and kanji of words to give double-meaning to words, so when I can't express both meanings in the dialogue, I add such translation notes on-page, since it's points like these which is why I started reading raw manga in the first place.
Thank you for your interest in the translation process <3

Double-page supporter
Really hoping the codes in kanatas demon surface Cylcia ? As it belonged to Hinaka originally.

Users who are viewing this thread