D.Gray-man - Ch. 251 - The Zoogle Antique Bookshop

Dex-chan lover
Goddammit, another flashback, and with these long waits this bout to be so painful. Imma let Hoshino cook but this bout be torturous.

Dex-chan lover
Seems kinda late in the game to add another major character

Dex-chan lover
So... He is Cross Marian, right?
wow finally we'll get clear answers ! Thank you

Dex-chan lover
We are never going to escape from the flashback
With the amount of stuff we are also getting from this flashbacks, we're going to be here for awhile.

At least we are getting more world building thou. It's not fun to have a world that is so black and white.

Dex-chan lover
So... for all my brothers and sisters suffering with me during all these years for this story, I have to say... I am optimistic.

Sure, we practically just ended a flashback arc, and we seem to be entering another, but I think that we should let Hoshino-sensei cook.

I reread the series just two months ago and let me tell you... I fell in love with this story again.

As an adult I kinda see this story's charm even more, it hurts to wait so much for what seems so little but I feel like after so much time beating around the bush... that the story this series was telling before is finally going back on track.

I feel like Hoshino-sensei is taking her time, however slowly, to bring back that feeling of mystery this story had during its golden years.

It will take time, but she will deliver... so, stay strong and healthy.

Now one thing I have to say about this chapter... I was convinced if Allen didn't accept, they would have a hard time escaping... and I totally saw them not being able to escape

And we finally get a little more about the Bookman, I have always been curious how they worked, in the beginning (when I was young mostly) I did believe it was just Bookman and Lavi... but the things Bookman said, the way he acted, the scale of things he involved himself... no matter how talented, just two people could never do it all alone, well... now I have my answer.

Curious if they use arcane techniques and if they are similar to the Crows or what Cross was able to do.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think this will be the last flashback. All the flashback to this point has been so chaotic and it makes sense if most of them are being made up by apocryphos.
Finally we are closer to the truth.

And also... Allen is actually 35 years old? lol

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind this flashback since it feels like the story really is moving forward a lot these last few chapters. There's still so many secrets and mysteries so there's really no escaping diving in the past to uncover them.

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOO WE'RE IN FLASHBACK HELL AGAIN
But I realized we're finally gonna be able to see lavi again! THE RABBIT RETURNS!!!

I was thinking the previous bookman might be Cross, since he did know Nea and Allen before, and like Lavi Cross has red hair, but I don't think that's the case. My memories are vague but I don't think Cross new why Allen was a child, which leads me to believe he lost (adult) Allen for a while. My theory is Bookman JR stole Allen away so he could be the sole protector of the host body. Maybe he was so moved by (Adult) Allen's sacrifice, or maybe thought it would bring him good fortune.

Completely unrelated to the chapter but I'm so damn excited to see Lenalee again

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And we finally get a little more about the Bookman, I have always been curious how they worked, in the beginning (when I was young mostly) I did believe it was just Bookman and Lavi... but the things Bookman was involved, the way he acted, the scale of things he involved himself... no matter how talented, just two people could never do it all alone, well... now I have my answer.
I coulda sworn Bookman mentioned that they were an organization of some sort and there were multiple. Was surprised to find out he was the only one.

And also... Allen is actually 35 years old?
I don't blame you for forgetting, but it was revealed ages ago that 35 years ago Allen gave his body up to become the host for Nea. Yet something happened (which we're about to find out what) and Allen isn't as old as he's supposed to be

Users who are viewing this thread