D.Gray-man - Ch. 251 - The Zoogle Antique Bookshop

Dex-chan lover
I am geniunely so out of the loop. I am very confused. Maybe I should reread the story again, but I'm already busy with other manga.

Dex-chan lover
Well, guess this sunk the "Allen is Past Bookman" theory. Always seemed a strong one, considering the Bookman were with the Noah last time and there were some similarities in appearance in the glimpses we saw of what we assumed was Past Allen and of the current Allen. But turns out that individual was a protected of actual Past Allen.
Still, if Past Allen had this same arm then why did Cross not notice that? You'd think he would have known at least of Past Allen if they were part of this third group in the war.

We may be going back into another flashback too but these current flashbacks have at least all been full of content and reveals.

LAVIIIIII ITS BEEEN FUCKNG FOREVER IVE SEEN YOU MY BOY MY LOVE <333
it was 2 panels but it is enough to keep me alive
man allen you got more backstory then like 10 MC combines

woah felt nice seeing lavi again! Also it's like we're finally getting somewhere, I'm just so exited

I think this will be the last flashback. All the flashback to this point has been so chaotic and it makes sense if most of them are being made up by apocryphos.
Finally we are closer to the truth.

And also... Allen is actually 35 years old? lol
I'd say older, since he was already around 16-17 years old when Nea died, plus 35...
Yeah that boi's pushing fifty XD.

I think so too. The character in question even has a scar in his right eye, the same eye that is hidden by Cross' mask.
I thought so too while translating, but if he were Cross Marian, wouldn't the Bookman Clan recognize him straight away? Also, since Lavi was born around 19 years ago, proving the previous Junior is dead, and Cross is alive at that time, he couldn't be the previous Junior?
I think the scar might be from him destroying his own Bookman mark, which is probably what Lavi also has under his eyepatch.

how many damn secret societies are in this world.

Doesn't anyone have to like, make money, pay bills?
I dunno man, at this point the whole world seems to me to have been mere cannon fodder bred by the Earl and Noah to be turned into an Akuma army. The Noah are even powerful officials in governments iirc.

Dex-chan lover
I thought so too while translating, but if he were Cross Marian, wouldn't the Bookman Clan recognize him straight away? Also, since Lavi was born around 19 years ago, proving the previous Junior is dead, and Cross is alive at that time, he couldn't be the previous Junior?
I think the scar might be from him destroying his own Bookman mark, which is probably what Lavi also has under his eyepatch.
But to add to the coincidences, they both have red hair (Lavi and Cross), is hard to ignore... And also both use glasses, as to why the Bookman clan can't recognize him well, I guess we're about to find out, right now I'm certain.

Dex-chan lover
But to add to the coincidences, they both have red hair (Lavi and Cross), is hard to ignore... And also both use glasses, as to why the Bookman clan can't recognize him well, I guess we're about to find out, right now I'm certain.
One possible explanation. Cross was semi modified too. Maybe not completely, in that he escaped, but enough that became no longer the junior bookman and thus a new one could be born.
This could then call back to him saying how he didn't realise something about Allen early on. That the two Allens were one and the same perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
And also... Allen is actually 35 years old? lol
So I'll just drop my theory here based on what I can recall and what we've read recently. Allen is the friend of Nea who was talking about genetics or something of the sort way back when? Allen found a way to house Nea inside of himself instead of Nea rejoining the Earl or randomly reincarnating like Noah typically do. Bookman Jr (previous one we're seeing now) thought that was freaking neat and decided to protect him so he could witness the culmination of the story.

Apocryphos for some reason saw this as a chance to potentially get someone with the power of innocence and the power of noah into a single body? Maybe Allen himself is special or maybe all of the Noah are 'fallen angels' of some sort? Either way, Apocryphos remade him into the form of a child at some point and imbued him with the parasitic innocence that he has today.

Ultimately, Allen is in reality closer to 60+ most likely but has retained his youth due to the interference of Apocryphos on the heart's orders. Although this is just a rough theory -- I kinda need to see what the Noah's saw 35 years ago before we go making any assumptions. Wisely did say it was so horrific that he was worried they'd lose the Earl by learning to much about Mana and lose their minds on top of it.

Dex-chan lover
One possible explanation. Cross was semi modified too. Maybe not completely, in that he escaped, but enough that became no longer the junior bookman and thus a new one could be born.
This could then call back to him saying how he didn't realise something about Allen early on. That the two Allens were one and the same perhaps.
Not a bad theory actually! Might also explain how Cross is able to do that magic BS he does and have a corpse using parasitic innocence on top of his equipment.

There are many reasons I find the Cross is Junior theory to not be possible.
1. Cross knew ABOUT Allen, but not exactly who he was during the Farewell to A.W. flashbacks.
2. Cross has never been remotely recognized by Bookman.
3. Unless I am severely misunderstanding his history with Order, Cross has been active as a General since before the remaking occurred.

In short, Cross knows too much to believe that he was Junior remade like Allen was, and too little to believe that he wasn't remade if he is.

I am much more inclined to believe that Lavi himself is the same Junior, having been remade as Allen was and re-integrated by Apocryphos into the Bookman clan - since his powers over memory would absolutely allow him to do that without leaving a trail.

Users who are viewing this thread