D.Gray-man - Vol. 27 Ch. 234 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - The Watcher

Dex-chan lover
So the noah guys wants to save the world from the pillar? (jojo reference unintended)

Also, finally seeing road after all these years even if it's not current time

It seem the holy war is not against The Earl - Noah but The Pillar - The Innoncence.
The Noah make the sacrifice, by using the soul's energy tainted by negative emotion of decease's relatives.

Did D.Gray-man just introduce the concept of parallel/alternate worlds this late into the story?

Seriously?

This opens up a whole new can of worms... that we will never see resolved until maybe 10+ years from now...

top 10 anime betrayals; when an anime pulls an dio and reveals itself to be an isekai

that aside

literally no fucking clue whats happening. we're in a flashback thats entering another flashback at this point, yeah? did we get an actual explanation as to what the first flashback was about?

these release gaps are cancerous to my understanding, sheesh.

Fed-Kun's army
@OHandS Just last weekend I played a bit of Nier: Automata and this is pretty much the same
Parallel worlds with a touch of time-travel
Guess we can kiss continuity goodbye

CKN

Dex-chan lover
So the story is going with the rebirth of earth, I am not really surprised considering how different noahs are. I do wonder how the earl fits in this as he was originally one as a person.

In all fairness, if it weren’t for the slower releases hiatus, we’d have gotten this reveal years before the isekai boom and it would’ve had a lot more impact.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, we got isekai-ed - this is quite similar to another manga with the big D - Area D

din

Wonder if mangaka planed this long ago, or just in last few years.

Contributor
And now it turns out the Noah are the last remains of humanity, and the "humans" are actually the invasive alien species with the Innocence their weapons to hunt down and kill old humanity.

Dex-chan lover
Ok firstly Road is cute, as always

Secondly, it's been a long time since i've read this manga from the beginning, but I do remember the noahs mentioning how its really the exorcists that are the devils while they are the angels/something to that effect

Thirdly, this manga is a flashback within a flashback within a flashback within a flashback within...

Users who are viewing this thread