D.Gray-man - Vol. 27 Ch. 234 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - The Watcher

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1
Remember when the Noah claimed to be the real humans?
Guess they weren't lying at all.

The "Noah's Ark" was not the first arc obviously but based on the Christian one as a means of escape from "God" that came to Earth and took over everything not after removing the humans and putting his own "humans".

Wasn't expecting this to be a post apocalyptic setting, not this late, lol

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 According to the Genesis account, Noah labored faithfully to build the Ark at God's command, ultimately saving not only his own family, but mankind itself and all land animals, from extinction during the Flood

So this time he escaped not from a flood but from a world's cataclysmic event in form a giant sword! so yeah I guess this was the deal all along... I'm actually pretty excited with this, it only makes me mad because it updates so slowly (yet faster than berserk) so is hard to explore all the implications... But I'm actually excited seeing Road again and finally having some concrete revelations, because author san has been stuck in this sad clown drama and jealousy and humiliation for like 5 chapters and doesn't get to the fucking point or show very important hints... Or at least from the POV of one character only

Dex-chan lover
Is that.... plot? In my D.Gay-man?!
And told by motherfucking Road to Cross "Simnply the best" Marian?
Jesus, it's like christmas came early this year!

Well, that's a huge bomb... But it's been so long that I don't even know what's going on anymore.
But I found this post on the translator's Tumblr. I think her theory is interesting. https://jeidafei.tumblr.com/post/188582652953/dgray-man-chapter-234-translation-notes

a d. gray-man and a houseki no kuni release on the same day? this is suffering... always happy to see this updated, but it's kind of painful to see where it is right now. it's gotten so confusing

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit after 20 years we find out D.Gray-Man is an End of Evangelion spinoff

Power Uploader
@cryum In the earlier chapters or anime, it stated that Allen got reincarnated. He was supposed to be the same age is the 14th or at least the same body/height. Allen was a host body for the 14th during the crisis or the destruction between that disgusting weird bald creepy guy (forgot his name) and the good side (forgot their name too). That's why the 14th said that Allen got younger than his actual age.

Dex-chan lover
@NibbPower that's not what I'm talking about. In Allen's dreams, first with Leenalee crying and the other with him impaled with crown clown and aged down when he sees Mana, we're seeing the world destroyed by "The Pillar".

@cryum OMFG this all makes so much sense after all this time. Seriously, OMFG. I can't even. It's finally coming all together. So many hints over so many chapters since the very beginning.

Double-page supporter
I'm finding this really interesting. Finally connecting some dots... although I've forgotten lots of the dots. I think I should re-read since we're finally (if slowly) getting new chapters.

And let me mention I'm sure this isn't a result to the popularity of other world genre. This series was always the sort to have a lot of foreshadowing. It began long ago and the author couldn't work on it for a long time for health reasons. Certainly she was thinking during that time. This chapter would have been planned long ago. Plus it isn't entirely clear the world of the Noah's isn't the very Earth from long ago. And think about it the Flood Myth... the entirely of humanity destroyed by God. The world swept clean... except for one family. But in this case the truth is it was the pillar, and that family despised God for what he has done. Thus not really an other world.

@Meita
I think that theory is interesting but incorrect. I think the Earl (despite his mental issues) knows exactly what he's doing. It might be that he's being used, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's being tricked. I think he's rebelling against his own destined role, and corrupting the very souls he's supposed to "save" as a means to this end. I'm pretty sure I vaguely remember "something" that says the Earl isn't the Heart, and neither is Allen. It is someone in the Black Order.
But those pictures...
e28545ac894958a11fc5e1a5148484c204c902e6.png

IIRC that's when Allen ran himself through with his own sword (harmless to humans?) but destroys Akuma. What's that in the background? That's no coincidence...
And the current chapter
639dbf0628760eb55aef786a3b24bd913286151f.png

Fed-Kun's army
Great.....so like many other manga....this dots back down to modern earth i suppose?

Fed-Kun's army
how does cross have insight on Mana and Nea's childhood days
OH damn?! this is 7000 years post apocalypse!

Users who are viewing this thread