Daddy's Sexy Doll - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Fortissimo

Fed-Kun's army
It's stories like this, regardless of quality, that constantly remind me why AI development makes me nervous. Not because I think they'll take over the world or make humans obsolete, but because of our own dark past with slavery and our desire to control others. If we were to create AI what I fear is that we would treat them as inferior beings and force them into a life of domestic servitude, as soldiers in war, for espionage, for risky/dangerous tasks and/or as sex slaves. Bereft of rights, derided, feared and abused by the public and then broken down and discarded once we feel they have exceeded their usefulness. I fear that we would create an entire race of disposable people and treat them as slaves. Spoilers.

Papa no Sexy Doll takes place in a world where AI was created before humanity was ready to accept it and thus they created a race of disposable people and treated them as slaves. The reveal that Forti's programing was not actually a sex slave, but as an AI with morals, capable of experiencing love shows how a lot of people would probably treat an AI with a similar system, as sex slaves. This series needed more time to explore both the moral implications of AI as well as Forti's potential feelings and the growing relationship between her and Riona, but we never got it. Nor did we get much about Karin, who rejected Riona because of societal norms (gay is bad), but actually did feel the same way about her only to find out that she was too late accepting that and she lost out to a robot. I'm okay with the ending. I was expecting a tragedy the whole time, but taking advantage of the fact that Forti is a robot to be able to eventually bring her back does work, it just would have worked better had it not taken 1 single chapter to get there. It would have also probably worked better had the restoration of her memories and/or personality been incomplete to show permanent consequences of humanity's actions.

Overall I'd say Papa no Sexy Doll is in the 6-6.5/10 range. It's only slightly above average because of all the wasted potential due to getting axed early. I give credit for the attempt, but ultimately can't give a higher rating just because it's a good concept or based on visions of what could have been for the series.

Last edited:
Supporter
while a little messy overall and probably not just from the axed end, I suspect the author knew they needed to put a lot of question in a short time, It is pretty common to secure something like 2 volumes and the 3rd one is made only if the first 2 where successful so the author might have tried to frontload the whole thing in case the 3rd volume was not going to happen (and here we are).

I think it did ask some interesting question, obviously the manga did not have the time or space to develop any of those question but I do not think it is that bad of a thing actually.
Also while I do agree about the 13 wasted pages on the old man I do like their inclusion, you know the author did want to talk about a lot more than what he could, the idea of dying alone in the age of social media, of having your face / personality created by an IA to look more in form. My brain go way to far but I would like to see a full story about this plot point alone, who are you in this case ? who people like, you or the self you show to other ?

I enjoyed it overall, made me remember why I do like sci fi... maybe I should stop reading trash isekai to kill time but that wont happen :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
This one was pretty cute and cool. Seeing the comments it is unfortunate that it got the axe. Could have had a pretty interesting narrative there but I suppose it wrapped up fairly nicely.

Thanks for the translation!

Very open. The only thing we know is that Forti is back. Until chapter 12 I liked the manga surprisingly much, another Volume would've been very good for this manga..

Also I agree with the wasted space in the last chapter with a new character.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's stories like this, regardless of quality, that constantly remind me why AI development makes me nervous. Not because I think they'll take over the world or make humans obsolete, but because of our own dark past with slavery and our desire to control others. If we were to create AI what I fear is that we would treat them as inferior beings and force them into a life of domestic servitude, as soldiers in war, for espionage, for risky/dangerous tasks and/or as sex slaves. Bereft of rights, derided, feared and abused by the public and then broken down and discarded once we feel they have exceeded their usefulness. I fear that we would create an entire race of disposable people and treat them as slaves. Spoilers.

Papa no Sexy Doll takes place in a world where AI was created before humanity was ready to accept it and thus they created a race of disposable people and treated them as slaves. The reveal that Forti's programing was not actually a sex slave, but as an AI with morals, capable of experiencing love shows how a lot of people would probably treat an AI with a similar system, as sex slaves. This series needed more time to explore both the moral implications of AI as well as Forti's potential feelings and the growing relationship between her and Riona, but we never got it. Nor did we get much about Karin, who rejected Riona because of societal norms (gay is bad), but actually did feel the same way about her only to find out that she was too late accepting that and she lost out to a robot. I'm okay with the ending. I was expecting a tragedy the whole time, but taking advantage of the fact that Forti is a robot to be able to eventually bring her back does work, it just would have worked better had it not taken 1 single chapter to get there. It would have also probably worked better had the restoration of her memories and/or personality been incomplete to show permanent consequences of humanity's actions.

Overall I'd say Papa no Sexy Doll is in the 6-6.5/10 range. It's only slightly above average because of all the wasted potential due to getting axed early. I give credit for the attempt, but ultimately can't give a higher rating just because it's a good concept or based on visions of what could have been for the series.
you must had somoked some hard core stuff to actually equate AI with Humans, especialy the kind that is just a machine with no human quality

Fed-Kun's army
you must had somoked some hard core stuff to actually equate AI with Humans, especialy the kind that is just a machine with no human quality
The last chapter revealed that she wasn't created as a machine with no human qualities. . . That's why she was having performance issues. Did you even f'ing read it?

Users who are viewing this thread