Dagashi Kashi - Vol. 11 Ch. 186 - The End

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I prefers Pochi's ending from her Doujins... Makes much more sense that way.

People doesn't get that this ending, while implied, is the best thing that could ever happen to both of them. Hotaru will search for her dreams as well as Coconuts, but she put her cards over the table and make him realize how much she loves him. Even Sayaka decided to step aside and let both have a closer relationship. I would have loved to see a ceremony, or both of them making their dreams come true, but it is a satisfying ending for me. What I love the most is when she said the same thing as the fireworks chapter, that basically makes us understand what she implied back then. I loved that moment both in the manga and the anime.

Aggregator gang
We all can complain, but in fact, I liked the open ending. We know that Kokonotsu will still be having his third year with his friends and gather a lot of stories and memories along the way. He likes Hotaru, and it is implied that she likes him in her own way, but as a self-centered person, she will still follow her dreams even if he is not there. We won't see Kokonotsu rejecting Saya, but we know that they will never be more than good childhood friends, still, they are family in some way.

I can see Kokonotsu getting his space as a new-comer manga artist with a short series just like this one. Hotaru will work with her father for some years while scheming how and when to open her company. Saya and Tou will keep the cafe business in the town for a while and maybe join with Kokonotsu and Hotaru in the near future. It was a good ending for me. Being open-ended as it turned out to be, I can make a happy ending out of it. Just sad that I had to read the raws for chapter 156-181 (didn't understand much since I know almost to nothing of Japanese).

The ending is actually good, well not "good" good, but it's not bad.
Author prolly doesn't have enough chapter quota to wrap the romance nicely (the manga itself was originally a manga about Dagashi rather than Romance)

To those who said that "nothing happened", Kokonotsu already announced his decision not to inherit the store nor going for the Dagashi career, Hotaru being close with Kokonotsu Dad would obviously be informed about this.

And yet she came back anyway, despite her high ambition of opening her own company which should've made her very busy proofing herself to her father.

We are talking about Hotaru here, the girl who has a crush with a cartoon, that much is actually a very big improvement on her view of romance.

dudnt expect much from Dagashi Kashi,just come here because i like the wholesomeness in the chapter,still ,if you are looking for good SOL anime with good ending,i suggest Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa,very good manga my personal favorite

Users who are viewing this thread