Daija ni Totsuida Musume - Ch. 27

Contributor
It seems like they assume Ankei's master as the same monk that beat up Daija when he was a black snake and raped the girl some chapters ago. As I said above, it seems unlikely, the time doesn't fit. That monk was very old at the point and Daija must have spent several years, or even decades, to grow this big.
You're right that they're different monks, but to be clear, the monk that was having sex with Kinu was not raping her. The sex was in exchange for food and shelter. You can think this was exploitative given her lack of other options, but rape? Think that's a misclassification.

Contributor
Don't forget this all started because the dead mayor's wife was fooling around too. There's something about that family. Hopefully the new mayor will turn out to be a good guy. His wife's entire family though.
Yes! I just reread and that stuck out to me. Cheating bitch. Also, I don't feel bad about the late mayor killing Kisuke. The only issue is that he framed someone else.

Dex-chan lover
Did he vomit because his ribs are broken or because he's traumatized from being diddled?

Dex-chan lover
(Puking your guts out because a woman made physical advances on you)
Ankei really is a true monk...

On the one hand, Hatsumi is correct in pointing out the inequities of Feudalist Japanese tributes. They are sacrificing not-insignificant lots of food for a rural farming village to a man-eating monster in the belief that it would foster a good harvest, a tradition she rightly questions the validity of. On the other hand, she's also the bitch that scarred Miyo's face for life and a hussy who tried to cheat on her well-meaning husband (arranged marriage or not).

This chapter really seem to drive home the choice of whether to be resigned to or challenge the status quo, be that the Spring Offering Ceremony, political unions without mutual love, or fighting a creature that seems hopeless to defeat.

Finally, I wonder how the progressions of this chapter will impact Ankei & Ina's relationship going forward. Despite holding a deep grudge against Daija, Ankei does not extend that hatred to Ina or her brother. Of all the humans other than her mother, Ina's always been closest to him (remember she first smiled when he held her as a baby and his name was also her first word much to Miyo's chagrin).

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand, Hatsumi is correct in pointing out the inequities of Feudalist Japanese tributes. They are sacrificing not-insignificant lots of food for a rural farming village to a man-eating monster in the belief that it would foster a good harvest, a tradition she rightly questions the validity of.
While Daija is a man-eating monster, he does actually function as the agricultural protector god of the village in a very literal and physical manner. The tanuki sort of explained it in passing, but Daija's presence makes the regular dangerous animals (like bears and boars) and potentially mischievous supernatural beings (like the bakedanuki) unable to disturb the village as they normally would have. So instead of having to deal with the dangerous animals and the unknown, the villagers instead appease a dominant monstrous but sentient being they can at least talk to and reason with.

Dex-chan lover
That was one strong reaction to a kiss.
I sense SO many flags.
I ship the mom and the mayor btw😂

I don't know if I'm remembering right but ankei's guardian(the monk who saved him) also banged deja's first love? so he's not as innocent as Ankei believes him to be...
That's true, but Ankei never got to see that side of his master. Or he's refusing to taint the image he has for the master

Users who are viewing this thread