Dainana Maouji Jilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Devil God of Taboo - Antendixis

Dex-chan lover
THE PANELING AND ANGELS ON THIS CHAPTER!!! HOLY SHIT!!! genuinely excited to read these pages, and the translation was superb enabling the excellent artwork to be properly conveyed in a textual form. Goodness me, what a thrilling and exciting if at times perverted chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna commit the taboo of impregnating this little devil god of taboo:chad:
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Just let it go, my man
No amount of suffering you bring will make your and your loved ones pain go away Break the shackles of hate, wage war against unjustice, be furious of your incapacity of changing anything, fight for love, deny the cold of the universe, bring warmth, love and peace

400px-Jesus_Infobox_Manga.PNG
IS THAT A JOJO'S REFERENCES??!

Fed-Kun's army
Sooooooo does someone have a theory about how his revenge will play out ? Saying that now because he just said that he grew feelings for a bunch of demons but he still want to destroy the kingdom and it's obvious that he'll have to get rid of them in order to do his revenge (also theories not spoilers please).
It definitely puts his revenge on the clock. If his human memories are going to continue to decay the weight of his hatred towards the demons will shrink and have to compete with ever growing positive memories or the demons.
If it wants to do a tragedy ending I imagine he gets his revenge but no longer feels any satisfaction towards it and is left with no demon friends and still hated by humanity

Just let it go, my man
No amount of suffering you bring will make your and your loved ones pain go away Break the shackles of hate, wage war against unjustice, be furious of your incapacity of changing anything, fight for love, deny the cold of the universe, bring warmth, love and peace

400px-Jesus_Infobox_Manga.PNG
LAMEEEE, keep on hating and never stop hating

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this chapter is a lot more problematic than it seems at face value.
1) We've just established the MC has grown to care about the people he's sworn to have his revenge on.
2) In contrast the MC does not even remember his old life and is slowly going to forget more. Before long the very reason he wants revenge will be entirely lost. Arguably it already is because he doesn't actually remember the people he wants revenge FOR.

I mean it's just kinda incredibly sad. This is just a train wreck by nature at this point. Which in the one hand could be very interesting to read and on the other it's kinda... why even read it then? Even if they go the route of him learning to not be stuck in revenge because it's an endless cycle of despair he just made a contract that backs him into a corner to follow things through. Quickly read through this point and I'm just kinda scratching my head for what this story offers. Like even a good revenge is hardly cathartic if the MC won't even remember why by the time it happens.

Dex-chan lover
I have the feeling he will come to like demons and the revenge will fade overtime, killing only true evil demons, 99% sure he will never kill their demon parents.
his current father - the demon king - is humanity's biggest enemy and even killed him when he was the hero. If he really doesn't kill his parents and do as you said, this series will be fucking lame and stupid.

Dex-chan lover
He starts to like them, which makes the betrayal even more painful.
The more he did something when he doesn't want to, the more power it gives him.

Personal problem with the taboo as represented in the story though.
Seeing the comment section, readers seems to expect the taboo related to sexuality, such as sex with loli or own parent/sibling. Meanwhile, Alex proposed things like patricide or massacre of his kin (on both human and demon side). While both are considered morally wrong, and people would normally feel aversion towards it...
When presented in the story, the guilt stood out more. It just... felt not enough to convey the "taboo" concept itself.

Sooooooo does someone have a theory about how his revenge will play out ? Saying that now because he just said that he grew feelings for a bunch of demons but he still want to destroy the kingdom and it's obvious that he'll have to get rid of them in order to do his revenge (also theories not spoilers please).
Lets just say there's not much to spoil about that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread