Daisy: How to Become the Duke's Fiancée - Ch. 11

Came for power couple shenanigans, staying for butler, thanks for the translation!

Double-page supporter
@rlackbabbit If I had Daisy's dad, maybe. But then again, someone promising to take care of an issue you have is definitely one love language, haha.

Double-page supporter
@wkread I assume that what she said seemed more ambiguous in Korean so the original meaning behind her words that he relayed to his butler didn't translate well into English. That, or he simply asked that for someone else's opinion on the matter, like asking if there was a deeper meaning to her words. I assume he took her words at face value like how you insinuate he should have in your comment, but something about her words or the fact that she wanted it as a condition at all bothered him, hence why he needed a second opinion.

Thanks for the work you've done 😄 Also butler is best guy, hope he shows up a lot

👁__👁.. was that homophobic joke necessary.. especially the whole crossdressing one too... um nobody is laughing.... lit rally nobody

@viirlin I don't think it was a homophobic joke. It was definitely in bad taste and not funny, but I think it was meant to be more of a "no way a girl would accept you, you must've hired a guy instead". Which speaks more about his character than sexual orientation (and then he went further to ask if she was even a person).

The cross-dressing part just made it even worse though. It's like when someone says a bad joke and no one laughs, so they keep adding to it. (But maybe that's the intention?)

I am surprised the aid is that insightful to tell Daisy's predicament when it comes to relationships.

Tbh the Butler is kinda annoying for me. Well, i like the point that he's loyal tho. Oh yea, thanks for the translation.

Contributor
I'd swear the caustic banter with the butler has more chemistry than the main relationship does.

@viirlin: I read it if anything as a homoerotic joke rather than a homophobic joke, FWIW. (Fujoshi-bait, not gay-shaming). I mean, joking (or even sincerely assuming) that he must be gay and in the closet because he's shown great disinterest in women to date, isn't really indicative of homophobia. It may be a bit cavalier, and dismissive of people's right to just not be interested in anyone, but that's another thing entirely.

It's not like the butler said or implied it would be bad if his partner were gay. Honestly from here he looked like he'd probably roll with that just as well (that is to say, over-amusedly and with sarcastically exaggerated reactions, regardless). Though my interpretation of the character could be wrong, of course.

Not of fan of him reserving the whole floor of a restaurant. Unless he is planning to pay the restaurant for the missed revenue, that is a douchey move on his part.

Never mind, he owns the restaurant. The way he was talking about the restaurant here made it seem like it wasn't one he owned.

Users who are viewing this thread