Daisy: How to Become the Duke's Fiancée - Ch. 6

ima need more insight on their deaths because to me it seems that

their family is destined to damnation by being

bat shit crazy

not love.

Lol same Daisy same! Especially in your society and with what you've lived through. The only difference between us would be that i'd most definitely assassinate that useless @ss father. Like imediately. Clean cut, cold, and without incident.

Fed-Kun's army
Lol! I love that she thinks she's so far outside of being a candidate for marriage that she's answering so honesty and not even thinking about why he's even asking her.

Fed-Kun's army
hahaha that surprised me. I honestly had the same thought as the ML. Daisy is pretty awesome.

Oh no I don't want Daisy and Rose to fight because Daisy will be Ml's fiancee. ;-; Daisy did introduce her to him tho

LMAO why did i find that 'why marry if u have money' so funny djsdhksdk

@meijune I mean that still sort apply even in the present. Why do you think many marriages fail when one of the partners stopped working and does nothing at home? or lose their job and don't say anything to the partner or we have those fake marriages between rich people but after a while, they end up divorcing. Compared to before there is nothing forcing them to stay married like in the past. Tradition and culture in the past were most strict. I know the old generation didn't want their kids marrying and divorcing all the time cuz that will reduce their wealth. Marriage is still a contract.

The only people that do well are naive and have the support of their family or both help each other out and/or have a good personality.

Marriage was created so two families could get together and keep their wealth intact. Many single women and men nowadays are getting kids by buying eggs and sperms to have their own kids. This type of family is increasing more and more now that technology is advancing.

GO OFF GIRL YOU DONT NEED NO MAN

ah I love it so far, even though I know they're going to end up together in the end.

She just proved that she's the perfect candidate for a loveless contract marriage 😂

Dex-chan lover
Wait, isn't that a perfect GF to any guy that is tired of their mothers telling them to get a GF but they can't be bothered by something annoying as women? Sold!

I'm confused. According to the previous chapter, the will required a marriage of sincere love. Sure that's might be hard to quantify or prove, but theoretically, a "loveless" marriage isn't going to help

Damn gurlll speaking the truth....but that is a lonely way to live.

Hope she and the Duke will realise that and be happy together :)

Ok her answer is funny, but girl it would make you a perfect candidate for his wife...

true... and considering what she's been through. I doubt she'd ever trust a man ever again

Killian when Daisy answered his question on marriage be like “excuse me, are you describing my ideal woman?”🤭

Contributor
Uh... If she really wanted to live a life independent from men, she just passed up her one (extraordinarily rare in this sort of society) chance to do that, by not just quickly walking out the door with the dowry money she knew she was going to get (before her father could steal it again, that is).

And... getting rid of her father's (...current...) debts gets her no money. And probably would end up with her father trying to marry her off.

Just saying. Like maybe she's trying to keep up appearances for her sister's sake or some such, but...

Feels a bit more like an oversight on the part of the character or the author, to be honest.

@Pokari
well in this kind of society unless they enter under the umbrella of a different man/noble their father could still just transfer his debts onto them.... effectivly stealing the money
or directly demand about half of it...
because while noblewomen were allowed of some measure in personal property until marriage they were still basicly their fathers property and after marriage their husbands and not being able to access the property of your property was an absurd thing in that time... ( yes a wife would have to ask the husband if she can spend money for everything thats but exclusively hers and the husband could squander about half of what his wife has without much problem or all if it if his noble rank is much higher than that of the wifes family or he declares her incompetent)
actually its not the mc's father thats acting out of place for this society it would be the future duke because normaly he would just play with one or all three of the daughters and then throw them away for writing off part/all of the debt

while i too romanticize about that time it was afterall a shitty time, especially for women

Users who are viewing this thread