Daites Ryou Koubouki - Ch. 12.1

Dex-chan lover
weirdly abrupt end for the chapter, almost mid-convo :s Have we reached the axe point?

@feha Looks like the translator split the chapter up for no reason, but looking at the raws, we're not even half-way caught up to the Japanese release (29 chapters, and ongoing), and it does not look like the original chapter was split up.

Dex-chan lover
OMG, I haven't finished the chapter and I have to comment. 9 archers firing arrows at walls and the Kaynan general comments that the Borxoix knights are tenacious. Where are your siege weapons?

Dex-chan lover
@feha @TUSF
1-113d2591cdd5cc387cf94fad5cee0a1ada14335772bbb51c94a139e1dff4f675.png
Welp sorry the image is way bigger than I imagine.
It was literally the 1st page of the chapter so I imagine some skipped that and missed the message from scanlator themselves.

Double-page supporter
@TUSF Seems like this translator wants to keep a regular schedule of a chapter per week for this particular series, and since this is released during the weekend it's possible that they are fairly busy during the weekdays. My guess is they ran out of time translating the whole chapter because of how many pages it has and decided to just release what they have till next week. This is all just my assumption, of course, so take it with a grain of salt.

Dex-chan lover
@kyujyu why did you link a huge white image (I am aware this wasn't a completed chapter, if you linked it for that fineprint regarding that, my comment was about 1. it being split very very poorly 2. questioning (and already received answer) regarding if this was a part because it was untimely interrupted, or if there was more 3. vent some disgruntlement over a chapter being split at all)? And while it wouldn't help me as I was mentioned, might be good to wrap it in spoiler tags to avoid burning others eyes out too.

Where do i get the raws? The raws I've seen only contain several chapters then jumped to Ch.29

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Why are all of these kings so creepy 😴

And I am not talking about their sexual preferences here.

Dex-chan lover
Did they take a car? A train? Did they fly? I want to know how did they transport all the soldiers with their horses in such a short time! 😂

Contributor
@Kireato It was a probing attack to figure out the country/fort's defense response time, so the information could be sent back to the main army where the Greed King is waiting to invade.

The "Genocidal Doll" was down for the Snu-Snu.

H9RnOwA.png

@karolyn Either the train or they had relay points set up in advance with fresh horses waiting at each on. The Knight basically rode non-stop while swapping out on the path there.

Dex-chan lover
Naris is sooooooooooo freaking cute omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgogmmog

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. Preparing horses ahead of time to switch? Or was it just a bluff? I don't think she would tip her hand with transportation just yet.

@HDMI1 @Psychronia @karolyn Possibly the German strategy of blitzkrieg wherein fast troops move at high speed in an attempt to route the opposing forces. In the case of German invasion of France, the French had developed the great french defensive wall acrossed the French Germans border. It's only weak points were through Holland & Belgium, as well as the deep forested area where they did not believe mechanized armored vehicles could traverse. The Germans moved through swiftly with newly developed tanks, crushing their opponents.

Unfortunately, the French did not plans as well as could be expected. Had they, the Germans would have run out of fuel & supplies, making them sitting targets for the French mobile artillery. The problem with blitzkrieg is that you move faster than supplies allow, meaning that if a seige were to take place or a stalemate, the oppsing side could have a tactical advantage through on-hand supplies & other troops.

Typically, this ancient tactic relies upon sending smaller contingents of fast troops (stormtroopers) ahead of one's primary forces in order to blow through unprepared forces, often by surrounding them in a flanking action.

In this case, they surprised the Eastern forces by forming a pincer movement, forcing them to flee. They were setting up for a night seige, only to have been attacked only moments after initiating the orders for [rest]. Notice how the forces have no supply train, no wagons or carts with supplies, only the light rations on their personage. They could only send highly trained knights that are permitted horses (or, who can afford them). Typically, one would ride at a slower pace in order to keep up with supplies.

No, if they used mechanized armored vehicles for transport, they would have likely taken far less time than two days—more likely, they would have reached the forces in under an afternoon, and with heavily weaponized artillery. Remember what the younger brother's forces were gonna get when the MC was at risk of losing hubby to him. Remember all of the mounted artillery inside of mountains, walls, etc., that were gonna blow shit to kingdom come! Just imagine that kind of firepower, but mobile!

Matisa probably would have refused the aid, so he's likely just using the older fast troop transport methods using multiple horses, relay points, or riding & resting with the horses, but not waiting for slower supply trains.

Users who are viewing this thread