Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi

Dex-chan lover
if the genders were swapped this would be considered a very creepy series. Double standards a shit

Fed-Kun's army
@Hamin As much as I agree with you there is a series like that out there called "I shaved and brought home a high school girl". I didn't read it coz it's not my cup of tea (neither is this onee-san manga) but as far as I know, form the comments and such, it's a pretty heartwarming series where the dude treats her like his daughter/sister.

Dex-chan lover
@Cursed_death the difference is shaved and brought home is rather mature compared to this and the main male lead is a hardworking nice guy.

With this series on the other hand, it's an older woman obsessed with a younger boy. Now re-read that sentence but with the roles switched. Automatically FBI memes and what not (rightfully so if it's as creepy as this: https://s5.mangadex.org/data/f4aa9d39291bc37a7cacedfab656a941/x7.png ). If this page was between an older male and a younger girl it would be so much more red flags. But because she's ara-ara onee-chan it's fine and fulfills every mans fantasy /s.

also just to clarify my post isn't to make some point or bring any series down, it's just an observation about double standards and this is just a fictional manga. I think anyone would consider the premise is creepy as fuck and her obsession is weird, doesn't matter what the gender is. But because it's a manga and not real I don't take it seriously and of course just appreciate the fluffy comedy.

Aggregator gang
What the hell is this and why the hell does it have 100+ chapters

Double-page supporter
THIS IS SUCH A SURREAL MANGA. Even though it's "comedy", there's just this WEIRD feeling throughout this whole manga. Like, something's off with this story. It's like the manga equivalent to an uncanny valley.

Double-page supporter
Just put it in her already, gawd!

This is almost as bad as Om King's 85 issue run on Batman with him turning Catwoman in Bruce's "mommy wife."

Iod

This is one of those mangas where you can come back after a long break from the series and you will certainly know that nothing changed.

i'd be all over this if the boy were cuter
he seems to be a generic horny dude
3/10 (all three points for the onee-san)

Fed-Kun's army
Surprised there's no 18+ doujinshi of this...
Or maybe there is and I just haven't found one yet.

Double-page supporter
You may like this too:
https://mangadex.org/title/190/koharu-no-hibi

Group Leader
@Hamin Something you gotta realize is this is a manga made by and for guys. Something that is made to appeal to the fetish of someone who would be on the receiving end of something harmful will always be viewed more leniently than something made to appeal to those on the giving end.

Group Leader
@throwtheice Ah, you're right, I skimmed google when I made that comment before and I guess I got the wrong mangaka

Contributor
Preserving for future generations:

25264.png

Imagine if the genders were switched...dang. Anyways, this is very weird but also weirdly cute at the same time.

I know this is slice of life, but are they gonna explain why she is so obsessed with him? I think this is sweet at times, but the obsession really feels like an overcaring grandparent who thinks they know best and doesn't listen to others. I know the raws are ahead and I'm just at chapter 123, but I hope there is some backstory about why she is so obsessed. Otherwise, as others said, it's a very weird feeling reading this

Users who are viewing this thread