Dark Gathering - Vol. 13 Ch. 51 - Control Over An Ancient City

Dex-chan lover
6kjp5r.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So they are not only getting full pardon, but also gratitude, just cause the seal wasn't set up correctly, even though they very much intended to undo the seal themselves?

I forgot, who's the staircase guy?
Well to be fair they only found the seal in the first place because it wasn’t set up properly and the ghost asked for help,so it probably wouldn’t have lasted to the required time.plus the monks who died kinda tried to sacrifice the kids to save their own skins.

Dex-chan lover
A prediction for what will happen: The ghosts placed in each corner of the star will fight against the god's bunrei while the main party fight against the god himself, until Bleached Head betrays them causing the bunrei he's fighting to go back to the god, causing phase 2 of the fight.

Dex-chan lover
Damm brat .... looking down on us monk..... correction is needed 💢💢💢

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translation

HYPE!! The Supranatural Battle of Kyoto draws near!
Also is there any irl anecdote that mention if taisui seikun ever really migrate to japan and why? Kinda surprising that a major legend like him is clinging to a random(?) family in kyoto...

Thank you very much for the translation HYPE!! The Supranatural Battle of Kyoto draws near! Also is there any irl anecdote that mention if taisui seikun ever really migrate to japan and why? Kinda surprising that a major legend like him is clinging to a random(?) family in kyoto...

As I understand base on info we had on hand. Apparently the Kamijo family sign a contract with him to exchange for power, in return they sacrifice their daughter of each generation to him. We haven't known exactly what Kamijo family can do, but I think the contract can be traced back even before Abe no Seimei's time, which is why Taisun called him a child.

Fed-Kun's army
But doesn't Ai have 4 years or something? Why would the god come for her early?
Yes she has 4 years to live, but as we saw that god could seriously harm her in a whim, like that bullet train accident. And there's also the Kamiyo family to worry about. That's why Yayoi is pressed for time

Fed-Kun's army
In previous chapter, Yayoi said that she regret not to take the last 2 Graduate with her, being the Jinjo and the Samurai, since she wrongly believe that the time is short within when Ai is staying in hospital. A mistake can cost them greatly
Correction: Yayoi actually has 3 more Graduates aside from the ones she brought to Kyoto. The Jinjo, the General Ghost and the 'Class Zero' that we don't know anything about yet. According to Yayoi, that last one is as dangerous as the Jinjo, which is considered to be above Graduate class. It's the first Graduate class ghost that Yayoi had created, although for some reason she didn't tell Keitaro and Eiko about it..

Fed-Kun's army
A prediction for what will happen: The ghosts placed in each corner of the star will fight against the god's bunrei while the main party fight against the god himself, until Bleached Head betrays them causing the bunrei he's fighting to go back to the god, causing phase 2 of the fight.
I'd like to make some corrections:

First, that god doesn't use any bunrei, it only uses the shikigamis. In the first place, that god itself is a bunrei and not the real thing.
Secondly, Bleached Head was never in Yayoi's side to begin with, if it ever gets the chance to turn on them it definitely will. I'm pretty sure Yayoi knows that too, so it doesn't really count as a betrayal. But if you are thinking Shuten Doji will somehow give it that chance, then I don't think we need to worry about that. Abe no Seimei already implied in this chapter that he'll make sure that Shuten Doji won't be able to interfere with Yayoi's fight, so the chances of that happening is low.

As for predictions, I do have one of my own: when Yayoi's group and Taisei exhaust each other in their fight, Kuubou will appear out of nowhere and eat Taisei. It has already been implied multiple times that Kuubou is currently somewhere around Kyoto, and it definitely has a score to settle with that god. This will be the perfect chance for the author to power Kuubou up, so I think the chances are high

Dex-chan lover
Correction: Yayoi actually has 3 more Graduates aside from the ones she brought to Kyoto. The Jinjo, the General Ghost and the 'Class Zero' that we don't know anything about yet. According to Yayoi, that last one is as dangerous as the Jinjo, which is considered to be above Graduate class. It's the first Graduate class ghost that Yayoi had created, although for some reason she didn't tell Keitaro and Eiko about it..
According to the supplemental page with chapter 38 there are technically 4 Graduates Yayoi didn't bring: Class Zero, Class One aka General Ghost, the Jinjo Jizo is a special case and doesn't count, and Class 3. Oiren is Class Two, Evil Priest is Class 4, and Sargent is a special case and doesn't count.

I'd like to make some corrections:

First, that god doesn't use any bunrei, it only uses the shikigamis. In the first place, that god itself is a bunrei and not the real thing.
Secondly, Bleached Head was never in Yayoi's side to begin with, if it ever gets the chance to turn on them it definitely will. I'm pretty sure Yayoi knows that too, so it doesn't really count as a betrayal. But if you are thinking Shuten Doji will somehow give it that chance, then I don't think we need to worry about that. Abe no Seimei already implied in this chapter that he'll make sure that Shuten Doji won't be able to interfere with Yayoi's fight, so the chances of that happening is low.

As for predictions, I do have one of my own: when Yayoi's group and Taisei exhaust each other in their fight, Kuubou will appear out of nowhere and eat Taisei. It has already been implied multiple times that Kuubou is currently somewhere around Kyoto, and it definitely has a score to settle with that god. This will be the perfect chance for the author to power Kuubou up, so I think the chances are high
On the first point, good catch. I didn't realize they were shikigamis. But what do you mean the god is a bunrei? Can you clarify?

And if Kuubou does kill steal the god, I hope Yayoi get the shikigamis as a consolation prize.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
On the first point, good catch. I didn't realize they were shikigamis. But what do you mean the god is a bunrei? Can you clarify?
That god is originally a Chinese deity, so its main soul should still be in China, the one they are going to fight is a version that got adapted by the Japanese, so within the concept of this series, it should be a bunrei instead of the real deal.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap, that's a major namedrop. Taisaisekun = Taisui Xingjun = Yin Jiao, supreme commander of the celestial army of the Jupiter aspect. In Fengshen Yanyi even Jiang Ziya couldn't match him alone. He's technically one of the highest-ranked Daoist military gods, behind only beings like Erlang and the Four Heavenly Kings.
Time to find a certain Monkey to kick his ass, then.

Fed-Kun's army
According to the supplemental page with chapter 38 there are technically 4 Graduates Yayoi didn't bring: Class Zero, Class One aka General Ghost, the Jinjo Jizo is a special case and doesn't count, and Class 3. Oiren is Class Two, Evil Priest is Class 4, and Sargent is a special case and doesn't count.
Yeah you are right about that. I originally thought they were talking about the demon sergeant as class 3, but that wouldn't make sense since it's a special case, my bad
Chapter 30 page 43. Yayoi mentioned it there, how the god was much stronger than she expected, even though it's a bunrei

Dex-chan lover
If the god is a bunrei, can Yayoi really capture it and use it like other ghosts?

Yes she has 4 years to live, but as we saw that god could seriously harm her in a whim, like that bullet train accident. And there's also the Kamiyo family to worry about. That's why Yayoi is pressed for time
The bullet train accident wasn't the white god's doing. It was Kuubou which intentionally causes misfortune (ie Yayoi's family). Sei-kun has only ever redirected any misfortune directed at Ai to the people around her.

Fed-Kun's army
The bullet train accident wasn't the white god's doing. It was Kuubou which intentionally causes misfortune (ie Yayoi's family). Sei-kun has only ever redirected any misfortune directed at Ai to the people around her.
And the reason Kuubou did that was because that god needlessly provoked him for a fight. It's the direct consequences of that god's actions, who is to say that won't happen again?

Dex-chan lover
Now that I understand that the god is a bunrei, I have a new prediction. Every time Yayoi captures a ghost she gave them a choice between being captured or dying, so I think the god will actually choose death not only to spite Yayoi but to paint a target on her that his main body will follow up on, prompting her to hurry and collect all the powerful ghosts of Japan in preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread