DARLING in the FRANXX

Dex-chan lover
Ecchi tags don't lie,
lots of fan service in here.
Bone apple tea folks.

boi oh boi im waiting for the chapter where kokoro and mitsuru do the diddly do

Dex-chan lover
Is it worth to read?
I'm asking as someone who dropped the anime...
I hated edgelord Mitsuru...

Yeah, is the mangaka fixing the second half? How is it looking?

I really felt like the quality of writing in the anime took a nosedive after ep 12 ~ish.

Double-page supporter
No way this is or will ever be better than the original canon series, but I'm glad that this spinoff exists for those who enjoy it ^_^

To anyone who reads this, if this story intrigues you, ignore the hate and check out the anime. It's exceptionally good, it just made strong narrative choices and ruffled a few feathers (belonging to some obnoxiously loud birds)

The original canon story is fantastic. If you like this spinoff, make sure to check it out!

This has been much better than that godawful trainwreck of an anime so far.

No, the anime was never actually good, it just got a bit interesting around episode 7 to 13, only to go back to being terrible teen drama in the following episodes, and then crashing and burning with the whole VIRM fiasco.

Double-page supporter
Repeat that crap as much as you like, the original anime will always be better and the manga isn't canon anyway.
Glad it exists for those who enjoy it, but it isn't "fixing" the series. There's nothing to fix, it's perfectly good as it is.

Why are you people arguing over whether the anime is good or bad? There is no such thing as an objectively good or bad TV series or comic. There is only taste.

We can gush about what we love and vent about what we hate, but don't try to "convince" anyone or "win" debates. That is a fool's game.

True, no use trying to convince wrong people that they're wrong. I'll just enjoy the (so far) good version of FranXX and let them be.

@evergreen_oak It can still be cannon, its just a 'what if' so in sense its like an alternate timeline. Plus this could go on much longer then the original anime did since gl ever getting a s2 with that trainwreck ending

Double-page supporter
"Trainwreck ending" Hah! Nice one.

Sad to see so many people are so salty about a good ending to a great series.

Alternate canon, sure. It can't and won't ever hold a candle to the original series.

Dex-chan lover
the anime wasn't based off any source material, so there's no reason to say it's the canon especially if there's ever more mangas coming out. The anime also had a ton of god awful transitions and pacing.

"Sad to see so many people are so salty about a good ending to a great series"

Yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist 2003's ending was pretty good, I dunno why people were mad at it.

Double-page supporter
Subjectively speaking, the manga's definitely better than the anime right now. If they decide to go the VIRM route, I'd hope they put more buildup for it.

Users who are viewing this thread