Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 10 Ch. 61 - The Line Defense at the City of Muno

Dex-chan lover
@makinbaconpancakes

giphy.gif

Double-page supporter
@argolok

I made that argument awhile back and a bunch of fanboys tried to roast.

@jorelm

Absolutely correct. He only does what he wants, how he wants, basically LARPing his own damn life. Instead of doing what it takes to avert disaster he only cares about the limitations and restrictions he personally puts in play.

How many people have died that he could have saved, or prevented having died at all? But he LET them die so he could play out his little RP. Worst isekai MCs are the ones who are selfish beyond all reason.

dude's prime directive is wavering. Well at least he is telling the girls more.

Thanks a ton for the scan!

If you’re going to pretend to be someone else, then at least change your clothes, and remove those earmuffs.

Eh? He can see the EXP% required for level up?
That's new.
I always wondered how many regular demon lords are required to level him up

Dex-chan lover
this is supposed to be a death battle yet everyone face looks just bored. Look at page 10, the little girls are fighting the front line unaided and yet they look as if about to sleep.

Dex-chan lover
@YuriM you'd think he'd change his clothes at least, but I can't remember if he disguises himself more with magic

Why the fuck you have to pay for weapons and stone when the town is under siege by monsters horde? Just fucking raid those storage and confiscate anything useful for siege defence. Anyone who resist would be push down from the wall to the horde. This is an emergency situation and it's in medieval theme ffs.

Dex-chan lover
@werewolf914

And then no merchant would trade with you, your serfs would run away and swear to another lord, no landed gentry would stay. If you survived the battle by pillaging your own citizens, you'd have nothing left to rule over, assuming your soldiers didn't take your own head.

In medieval times, trust was everything, especially for minor barons; the only soldiers they can call up are literally the people you said should be tossed down to the monsters for wanting compensation for goods.

Dex-chan lover
@Argolok - you're confusing him with a certain guy with a smartphone. Satou can't target spells through the map, and he doesn't have AoE spells that don't wreck the whole map.

@Kaarme @werewolf914 - Satou is a merchant. Paying is the merchant way.
If Muno family were doing well as rulers, they or their trusted retainers (like consul Nina) could have requisitioned the supplies on promises of paying later. If Muno family were doing really well, the populace would have volunteered supplies. But the barondom is in very bad shape, so I don't expect people to give their stuff without hard cash. At least, without creating a lot of resentment. And the current Muno family are really nice people, they would not do it.
But Satou isn't well-known in town, so he has to spend gold if he wants stuff done.

@Jorelm @Kayriel - yeah, the MC is selfish. That is realistic. Not everybody wants to be a superhero or a god and shoulder the whole world's weight on his shoulders. Especially not the overworked Japanese salarymen.
Maybe it'll be a lesson for you, to appreciate more heroic protagonists more. I see too many disparaging comments about main characters being heroic.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan Yeah, he claims to be a merchant. I'll hold this against you if he doesn't claim the money back from the ruling noble family once this is all over, with a healthy dose of profit of course! If he doesn't, then he's no merchant.

Btw, what you are saying seems to indicate that the merchants would rather get eaten by goblins than simply loan their wares with the expectation of getting compensated later, assuming any of them will still be alive tomorrow. They are damn hardcore merchants, that's for sure! Might have been an Apple weapons store, or something.

@Faryshta This artist doesnt do well with expressions imo. MC has an excuse due to his poker face skill but far too many times expressions and eyes just look empty when it comes to others.

Double-page supporter
@Jorelm @argolok

Like @flannan here. Post breaks down to "How dare you not like how he operates, it's how things should be, you're the one who's lacking."

I could psycho-analyze these fanboys all day, but they wind up being pretty rude all the same.

Fed-Kun's army
@welcome2atlantis as much as i know he wanted that too, the blood was fake and he's not wounded at all, the farce will get found out if he let karina do it, lol

Users who are viewing this thread