Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - Sampling Food, the Kotatsu and a Holy Inscription

Double-page supporter
@flannan more like it's due to audience as I know some MC in mature series will likely use that option. Mostly Revenge hero. So being jap and heroic isn't a criteria.
It's just more family friendly plot and not extreme as shounen manga usually has moral restriction and good guys always win.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov - revenge-based heroes aren't what I would call "heroic". They're more like villains who happen to be main characters.
Another category of Japanese MCs who would seriously exploit slavery are cowards who don't have the guts to get a team of free people. That doesn't sound heroic for me either.

Double-page supporter
@flannan Winner write the history and also even if it don't sound heroic they have still the title (and the story written by author "master god") and all their action are "heroic" Like Geralt and other rpg MC looting or Link breaking in house breaking clay pot for rupee. And get a team of free people well you still need the charisma and good starting condition at the beginning if you are like shield hero well you are fucked. That is the subjective point of view no feel no moral only the facts.

Dex-chan lover
@Kamelpov - Winners might write history, but fiction books are written by authors and interpreted by readers. Not every main character who wins gets to be heroic.
In particular, Satou might have a "hero" title, but he still remains a rogue who overcomes technological limits with cunning, buys priceless information for loose change, and isn't afraid to let loose a mind-controller on people when it suits him. There are many stories written about charming rogues like him.

As for your examples,
Geralt was never heroic. He comes from a pointlessly dark and realistic series of novels. His dedication to fighting monsters is admirable, though.
Link breaking clay pots... well, this is so far outside common sense it gets a pass. Bikini Warriors is the only work that tried to make it work outside a game.

Something that has concerned me for a while. If he eats something that causes a negative status effect on him, he soon after will get a skill granting him immunity from that status effect in the future. So if another animal causes the same status effect, nothing will happen to him. He won't get a negative effect and he won't get another skill. So what happens if he feeds the girls food that has poison he has immunity to? He won't know that the food has poison, and it could end up hurting the girls. Maybe I'm thinking too much or this was explained before. I don't know.

Dex-chan lover
the elites don't want you to know this but lolis are free, you can just pick them up from the road

I'd of ran over them. Anyone else hate the MC's "not killing" bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread