Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - The Village of Little Giants

TTX

@flannan
unless Satou himself is in a tense situation that overrides his sexual desires
Satou had always 'boobs thought' even in a serious situation
I think best example is Nana (and now Karina)
I wonder if that "main heroine" from the WN will have a bigger role in the LN and manga.

I thought her role is big? and why "main heroine"
i thought she is just Satou 's only love interest??(= fake harem)

Dex-chan lover
@TTX - I am more used to harems where all the girls are interested, and the main heroine is the one MC prefers. And at the very least Zena, Arisa and Mia see their relationship as romantic, so it's a proper harem.
As for the main heroine, she has more-or-less enough screentime, but doesn't get to actually do much. This might work in an old pre-feminism anime, but contrast with Pochi and Tama who get to kick a lot of ass even if they're just cute children is too big for this justification.

TTX

@flannan
moment what relationship ? and "proper harem" ?

I don't read the WN but even with his complete "harem" including Aze no romantic development and he regularly has sex with prostitutes (weird or even disgusting)
correct or incorrect information???

and i know the genre harem has no valid definition(?)
but a harem without a chance is unnecessary

Dex-chan lover
@TTX
Rather detailed spoilers about future relationships:
Aze is notable because MC is in love with her (and she seems to respond well to it). Their relationship isn't progressing very fast. I guess it's normal when dating a ridiculously old elf maiden. I would not call this situation "no romantic development", but romantic plotline mostly takes a backseat to all the cool stuff happening. They say WN is near the end, and I imagine Satou will marry Aze in the epilogue.

MC rarely has an opportunity to have sex with prostitutes, because Arisa and Mia the "impregnable duo" are against it and get really good at stopping him. In fact, I can remember only three instances of it happening. Two of which are already in the manga. While unusual in Japanese works, it is not exactly "weird" - there is a reason quite a lot of prostitutes around the world earn money with their profession.
I don't remember if Satou's attitude towards that changed when he fell in love with Aze.

Relationships: Arisa started out as Satou's slave, then upgraded to vassal and finally familiar. She lusts after him just the same.
Mia one-sidedly claims to be Satou's fiancee.
Zena even went on dates with Satou. I think she ended up being Satou's legitimate fiancee due to some political machinations later. Or maybe not - it's hard to make sense of political machinations.
And everybody around the MC seems to have figured out it's useless to discuss long-term relationships with Satou, so it's best to just spring them on him like a trap. It worked for giving him noble titles, so the harem thought it was a good idea to name his personal knightly order "Bridal Knights". With a uniform that's a crossbreed between armor and a bridal gown. It is not clear how legitimate that is, but I think everybody present at the opening ceremony of that knightly order understood the meaning. Except possibly Pochi and Tama.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax - yes, this manga is based on light novel version, and this author makes them unusually different on purpose. So that we would not feel bad for buying another version of his work.
It can still be interesting to know how things were different in the WN.

Group Leader
@joger121

If you are asking about LN it's 2/3 of third chapter [Forest of Giants], but if what you mean the WN, this part don't exist because Satou never receved the letter from the Witch, leaving Karina alone and growing his Loli Harem around Muno Barony.

Fed-Kun's army
bruh. Blue Kobold sword is worthless bc mc can make holy weapons. Anyways, I felt the interaction was just a waste of space.

difference with the WN
the kobold encounter happens later in the WN 14-17. Muno Earldom (2) where the kobold princess ask satou for help to get blue crystals in exchange of the blue steel recipe (just for curiosity since he already know how to make adamantite and orichalcum) but the main reason is to get kobolds as working force to rebuild one of the cities in muno earldom

Dex-chan lover
bruh. Blue Kobold sword is worthless bc mc can make holy weapons. Anyways, I felt the interaction was just a waste of space.

He has plenty of comrades who need strong weapons but can't wield a Holy sword because they aren't a Hero.

Dex-chan lover
He gets a bit too much use out of that swindle skill.

Also it is kinda funny that kobolds use cobalt.

Users who are viewing this thread