Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku

Dex-chan lover
@SmokeWagon

Sorry, i only read WN and had a blast with it. But, as with every WN, it's "rough on the edges", LN supped to be a better redacted version with more polished and a bit different story. Manga is good, but super slow. To put it into perspective, basically everything till now in manga was like Introduction chapter to actual plot and events that follows.

That's why i think anime did quite poor job at presenting that this story is about - it stay close to the source, but all this was an introduction to the epic events and story of grand scale. Basically anime\current manga makes story very grounded and small on scale while following events and MC further development and actions are on whole different level.

Summary:
WN =
Finished already, MC becomes God. All plot hole and world building is explained already. Reached World Peace. Just some extra story sometimes relesed
LN english =
MC babysitting his party, gain popularity/recognition by people around them
LN japan = (release more vol than eng)
MC party already recognized by his nation, sightseeing + peace keeping
Manga = straight LN adaptation, MC not even recognized yet. Lore & World building story intens build up till this point.
Anime = straight manga adaptation, slow, what can you expect? Its a build up relaxing story. Minimum action and many world building/setting. Plus so much relaxing moments (Tama & Pochi mostly).

Its like the writer using J.R.R Toelkien step of writing: create a world, build/create till the smallest detail (level, skill, map, etc), make interaction/story from it, make it as a "world history/law" and if all of it good enough, you can add the MC and story can goes. You can see how far/deep the world building step by seeing how all side character live and can have their story outside of MC (See the LN/WN side story for detail) and their interaction with the world around them, like, the world not just created as a setting for MC's story can goes, but as an actual thing that can hold every character stories in that world. Thats how this story can feel "slow" and "a bit bland" for some people, cause the charm of this story is not the MC and how he keep getting stronger like NARUTO, BLEACH, ONE PIECE or Dragonball (Heck, the MC is strong already from chapter 1). The actual charm is how the MC and his party see the world around them, and how the world see and treat them, plus sometimes they encounter and solve some "minor" problem.

> Arisa died in her 40's in japan and still has her memories, just like satou.

And? She's still physically 11. She also reincarnated she didnt transmigrate. But you're right, a 51 year old in the body of a 11 year old trying to fuck a 29 year old in the body of a fifteen year old definitely isnt creepy.

miss zena in the story.. the author just don't like the mc to have a wifu that is not a child. sad
@refki
soo over all he wont be with any of the girls ?wtf..

@BlackLeopard It's... Questionable.
In WN, as well as Japanese LN, MC is recognized as a powerful Noble figure in his nation (Shiga Kingdom), so he has 'noble duty' to ensure his lineage so the country can further enrich from his & his future childs talent. He obliged to has minimal 1 bride, preferably 4, and no exact max limit, tho. He must married in maximal 1 (or 2) year after he appointed as 'high ranking noble'. Heck even one of the king's daughter is already listed as his fiancee.

About Zena,...
she'll be back. Remember MC & his party go for Labyrinth city. And at some point in extra chapter, Zena's squad depart to Labyrinth City too as a military empowering project as directed by Earl Seiryuu, so they can guard the newly built Labyrinth in Seiryuu City. They will see each other there. Later, as MC started being recognized & climb the noble ranks, Zena & his small squad 'gifted' to MC by Earl Seiryuu to gain political favor so MC can help negotiate in developing the newly built Labyrinth.

Why I said questionable?
In LN (which we considered canon), it isn't finished yet. The ending may differ with WN. In WN, its indeed finished already, but just stop at that point. The author doesnt tell us what happened later. What happened with this and that isn't clear (at some point, MC fall in love with a High-elf, and as a immortal figure, she can't love him back. Except he finish his mortal duty to 'live and fill the world' by marrying 100 woman and has at least 1 child with each of them. MC try to cheat this by 'not being mortal' and search for a way to became god (and so he did). Is he now began flirting with the High-elf? We dont know. How about his party that he thinks as his family? Dont know either. Arisa, Liza, Lulu, Zena, etc? Author doesn't tell it.)

It looks like the author want us to buy & read the LN version to know it completely.

@refki
all that said makes me think the author really don't care about everyone -_- the mc look a the worlds he's in like a dream and doesn't fully care about. is what i've been thinking about it.

I'm reading the webnovel and almost done why the hell im i afraid of clicking the spoiler comments?

hmm read this when it first started to get translated. with there not being that many chapters out first time around it had potential.. re-reading it now i honestly cant say its very good. feels like its aimed towards kids while at the same time pander to adults which just makes it confusing and bad.
Having an MC that's about as interesting as potato, pacing that's not entirely off but weird, characters are not very interesting and the hole gathering of kids is just like eh?
Shame could have been good but with a lackluster mc and many other issues its just plain boring and honestly bad.

@BlackLeopard hmm...sure it can be perceived as a sign of apathy. The MC has the skill to know AND prevent some bad things, but he just doesn't do it if it doesn't affect him & his companion. He's the type that can calmly see the world burn if it wont make any harm for him & his companion.

But it doesn't mean he's a bad person, just decent but unmotivated. His personal interest is more important than other's wellbeing (or life) for him (the exception is if he can prevent it WITHOUT exposing his true power, which can be a trouble).

I'm a little bit agree with @Domrin. This is a child story (with fluffy fantasy setting, easy, Happy-go-lucky arc) with some adult aspect (deep lore, exact world building, war, etc). The MC is a perfect example of it: easygoing life, straight good example, but calm & composed, unimpulsive at times, realist.

He's not like Naruto or Luffy who 'want to figt to protect everyone'. Or Kira who 'want to cleanse the world from criminal'. Even if he can (with lv 310 skill & power) he just doesn't want to make his life busy with all the mission. He just want to go sightseeing in a brand new world.

If you have a house, it doesn't mean you must open your house to shelter homeless people everyday. Its good if you do it, but it's not a bad thing if you dont either.

If you have money, it doesn't mean you must use your money to buy starving kids some meal. It's good if you do it but it's not a bad thing if you don't either.

If he has power to save the world, it doesn't mean he must use all his time & power to do it. It's good if he does it, but its not a bad thing if he doesn't and just go sightseeing with some companion...

Fed-Kun's army
I only came here for Karina after looking at that cover. Every thing else is just the basic bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread