Deathbound Duke's Daughter and Seven Noblemen

Oh MY GOD I'M FOLLOWING THE NOVEL i never thought that there's manga adaptation!!??? ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– Aaaaaaa tysm for picking it up!!!!

@yamusing It's intended to look generic at the start. Author takes one of most by rote type of stories, the Otome Game Villainess Reincarnation, and tries to make it good. Out of genre staples, there is very little tea parties, cooking, Marysuing and romance (since MC friendzones her reverse harem) and there is no obvious main male lead. Tags that are most prominent: conspiracy & counter-conspiracy, murder mystery, supernatural / mythology, magic systems, hidden identity, dungeon exploration and magical combat. Also, there are Dragons.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tako-sama there is a one-sided romance from two boys out of 7 capture targets mentioned in the game. but since Erica is very, very traumatized by the thing called 'love' there will be nothing from her side. but the flirting (if even it can be called that) from the boys goes more to give an on-going inside joke and to expand the personality of the characters. anyways, since romance isn't the center of the story, the tag is removed so that people won't have any wrong expectations that it will be the same as the other villainess genre

I'm hyped can't wait
I loved this novel
Gahhhhh
You better try this it's a fun read

But her pose in the cover can't not remind me of that one guy in mob psycho

Dex-chan lover
ERICA THE ABYSS KILLER!!!! I NEVER EXPECTED SOMEONE TO PICK THIS UP

Fed-Kun's army
The magic system the author made and how fleshed out it feels has hooked me because it seems like they actually know how to fucking write and world build.

Double-page supporter
The novel is fantastic. It's a lot more Harry Potter and a lot less of your typical isekai. There's a fancy magic school eventually...but they actually do magic adventure things with it!

Any possibility for romance totally gets stonewalled by the super dense MC though lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiraidesu Author said they are not good at writing romance, so that part of the story will not see much development.

(Source : Novel fantranslator is internet friends with author's sibling.)

Iirc the LNs have yet to reach
the magic school arc though
, and no new volume has been published in Japan since Dec 2017...

Double-page supporter
@zz2000 Thanks. Makes sense...if bad news. Still! What's the point of creating Best Boy Auguste when they aren't gonna do romance? That kid is a walking romance novel fantasy.

Supporter
@petnavis youโ€™re not kidding, Iโ€™m really digging the magic system. Reminds me of the Steven Brust series of sorcery vs witchcraft.

LOOK AT THAT SMALL DETAILS!!!
LOOK AT THAT PERFECTLY EXPLAINED WORLD BUILDING---!!!!
((And cheesus the art are superb))

Even my crippling braincells are delighted with this story AAaaaaaaAaaaa I can't wait for the thrilling adventure!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Fed-Kun's army
One of the few villainess novels I think highly of. LOTS OF WORLDBUILDING. Itโ€™s mainly adventure, friendship, legends, and mystery debunking

Canโ€™t wait till Chloe appears, sheโ€™s one of my favorite โ€œheroinesโ€

Dex-chan lover
@RoundRobin
Only problem is that Chloe only appears in Arc 4, and the light novels have only covered up to Arc 2. No new LN has been released since Dec 2017; so we are wondering if the series is still considered viable to publish by the Japanese publisher (hopefully the official licence can convince them).

Users who are viewing this thread