Dekisokonai no Himegimi-tachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - I Only Wanted To Be By Her Side

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist
Happy ending isn't the option.
The show got to move on,
They can date after this but broke up after next few chapters then the story will revolve again within the two main characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist The happiest resolution though? For who? Nanaki? Izumi? Us the reader? Nanaki has absolutely no romantic feelings for Izumi and it's apparent. I mean I feel bad for her, but she's childhood friend fodder. If the childhood friend isn't the main love interest, she's never going to win. It's etched into the law of the universe.

I mean, lets no kid ourselves here. The likelihood of Kanade and Nanaki not getting together by the end even if they break up is virtually zero. Kanade's self-deprecating issues just need to be worked through and she'll see her feelings for what they truly are.

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam I think you have misunderstood. The Yukari girl is Izumi's childhood friend and the one she "confess" to when she encounter Fujishori in high school. So they aren't childhood friends, they are just highschool friends.

Oh well, can't say it was predictable to have a "tragic" backstory for the "villain". It's fairly classic by now to have the third one in a love triangle to have sad story about being a closet lesbian. Izumi remember me more and more of Sayaka in a certain way. Lesbian having a bad experience with a girl in middle school then fall in love at first sight with MC in high school then stay at MC's side because she know MC is not interested. Main difference was that Sayaka was never seen as a bad person when Izumi, prior to this chapter was seen as someone somewhat dangerous.

@Oeconomist I can't see hapiness coming from someone who want to monopolize the other. Izumi is rather too possesive for me to make their relation non toxic. Beside, it's forgot that Fujishori just realise that she love Kurokawa so till this isn't resolved, i don't think the confession will be accepted. The "happiest" outcome is that Fujishiro understand Izumi's feeling but reject them and stay friends with her. i will re-use Sayaka for an example. After Touko reject Sayaka, they still stay friend and hang out like nothing happen and Sayaka accepted she wasn't the one for Touko. I know it's not the same set-up at all but it can go this way and have a somewhat happy ending for Izumi. Fot what it's worth, there is still Kurokawa's friend for Izumi.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaa nooooo I'm weak on crying characters they make me realize their honest feelings and sympathize with them

Dex-chan lover
Y'all really think Kurokawa isn't going to be end game when it's clear she cares deeply about Fujoshiro and can't stand to see her cry. Her main problem right now is that she doesn't feel valid to stand beside her. They're "not equal" in her eyes and she's unworthy. Gonna nip that in the bud we are.

Fujishiro will be rejected by kurokawa and she'll be back to izumi and accepting her confession (even though she didn't love her) and more drama will be happen

Well it's just my speculation by looking at dear my teacher series that develoved by the same author

Dex-chan lover
This went pretty much like I expected it would, it's pretty generic stuff but at least the writing is decent and it's paying off something that's been building up for several chapters.

On a personal note , the '' I don't want this friend to know what I'm actually feeling cause it would ruin everything'' thing always hits close to home with me cause I had a couple similar experiences as a teenager that ended up being pretty traumatic 😅 . It's like, girl, I know them feels quite well, this won't end good !

Dex-chan lover
Again like on sayaka's case. Give this gurl her own bae.!!!! She deserves someone
Who will love her!!! JUSTICE!!!! AAAAAHHHH

Double-page supporter
Chapters like this really don't make me sympathise with the character in question anymore then I did before.

It's almost like I am being told I should because 'Oh look, she may seem to be controlling, manipulative and a yandere, but she's had a hard time with love!' in just one fel swoop, rather then building upon it with character progression.

Contributor
I mean, it was cathartic in a way, however, similar to many others I'm still notrootingfor her any more.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

You're misreading Izumi's profession of a desire. She has made no attempt to keep Nanaki from having other friends over the years. The exclusivity that Izumi wants is in a romantic and sexual relationship; Izumi does not want Nanaki to have any other lover.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt Well, I'm using "childhood friend" loosely here. They met in middle school, so they have a few years under their belt. From my perspective that makes them childhood friends but that's probably just down to me being old.

Dex-chan lover
@sirflimflam

It's a terrible rhetorical habit to ask a question when [1] the answer that the other person would believe is obvious and [2] there is no reason to presume that the other person would resist giving that answer.

Naturally I was writing about what I believe would be best for the characters; the only readers about whom I would care would be those who want characters to get what they deserve (though we might not agree as to what that were). And I already gave the essentials as to why it would be best for those characters if Izumi and Nanaki ended-up romantically involved. (Izumi is in love with Nanaki; Nanaki plainly has a strong homosexual aspect; Kanade exhibits no such aspect and gives no evidence of romantic interest in Nanaki.) I also already conceded that the story has been constructed to create a presumption, still most likely to be the result, that instead Kanade and Nanaki would become involved.

Dex-chan lover
finally it boiled over and finally happened this whole trip was crazy build up to it

and now to see what happens next ch the drama is about to get even bigger

Dex-chan lover
would never fuck a straight woman cuz of shit like this bro. how you gonna do that "shes my girlfriend" shit and then freak out internally when she reciprocates. the main girl of this is legit so unlikable id rather an izumi spinoff

Users who are viewing this thread