Dekisokonai no Himegimi-tachi - Vol. 5 Ch. 31 - Where my Heart belongs

well that was uh....interesting

this manga is filled with drama that it's always giving me a headache but now my mind became accustomed to it, idc what happen to the story anymore I just wanna see girls doing gay shit at this point

Group Leader
@letakel I don't think it's the drama that bothers me, but the art when the drama hits. The way their eyes expand while their pupil shrinks and the toning makes it look like they're having ominous thoughts doesn't really paint characters falling in love, but rather bordering psychopathy.

Page 28 doesn't look like she's recovering herself from the shock of being suddenly kissed, but rather that something is building up inside her, as a build up for a sudden mental breakdown. The art doesn't really convey the emotions they should be feeling.

Ironically enough, if the artist had put less effort into toning that panel, it would probably have conveyed the emotions they wanted to better. Just getting rid of the white lines and using lighter tones would have given the scene an otherworldly feel, as if time had stopped for her, then the contrast with the following panel having both of them heavily shadowed as they distance their mouths would have worked to pull her and the readers back to reality.

The way the art is done makes it seem like a scary moment, not a romantic one...

@YamiryuuZero Well would you not be shocked if another person randomly burst into tears then kissed you while walking down the street? Literally out of the middle of nowhere? Just personally if that happened to me I wouldn't feel romantic about that, I'd think wtf is wrong with this person. It's not unreasonable for the artist to portray deep shock, but I also hate the fact that Aijichi draws the WHOLE IRIS shrinking instead of just the PUPIL. Irises should not be doing that, it's v creepy.

More importantly, do you not think Kanade is about to have a massive breakdown, silent or otherwise? Her self confidence is SHIT and the person she idolizes just dirtied herself on her peasant lips. THIS IS GONNA BE NUTS.

Dex-chan lover
This isnt gonna end well isnt it? I mean sure, she finally accepted her feelings but hoo boy something's wrong here...

Drama is coming again, but it's cool to see her finally honest with her feelings.

Curious what people think the forced drama is? I think it's pretty clear that events of the characters' early lives lead them to where they are now.

Kanade was socially and emotionally humiliated as a child by a pretty girl and now she has deep personal insecurities and an unhealthy obsession with pretty girls as people who must act "better than regular people."

Nanaki has been a popular, spoiled, heteronormative person her whole life. She has no frame of reference for gay feelings, and remember how blunt and tactless ALL the other characters call her out for being? "Fujishiro is basically a guy" said Kanade, in reference to the cliched trope that men can't have emotional intelligence. Her loud emotional responses are not at all out of place for her character.

PS if you ever knew someone who had a tough coming out, I don't think you would be surprised by the avoidance tactics and emotional outbursts. When I came out at 17, I became so depressed I nearly dropped out of highschool.

If you feel the drama is just to emphasized, remember this is a drawn medium with little to no narration, it has to rely on exaggeration to get the point across sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
ooooh shit here we go

things just exploded not to mention the other 2 are most likely still behind them

damn i cant wait for next ch

Fed-Kun's army
YOOOOOOOO I was not expecting this much progress out of a single chapter!! There's no way this goes smoothly, but at least everything is out in the open now.

Dex-chan lover
And a new drama is coming again because her ex(?) gal friends are right behind them and they indeed saw all the action.

Shiiiitttttttt.... Talk about wrong timing... Omg... Fujishiro, good job but omg you're soooooooooll fucked.

Are the ex-friends still right behind them?

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!!!

WE'RE AT A YURI CODE RED!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread