Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Gleaming Girl

Dex-chan lover
Ok, the rail track pull is one of the most bullshit pieces of plot armor ive ever seen in something like this. His fucking sword BROKE. He was holding it but somehow was able to reach down, grab AND pull something that in most games would either be immovable or ridiculously heavy(definitely NOT a one hand thing) and tear it out of the ground high enough to block... all somehow in less time than the sword that broke through his... could reach him.

MCs sword doesnt just loose momentum and he literally didnt even have a hand on the rail when her sword got through. Im calling major BS here.

All in all, fuck this arc. Its made me not look forward to the next time that Leon guy shows up because the author already showed they are going to pull stupid stunts like this.

Dex-chan lover
So there's a LN adaptation of DUO which follows the WN more closely than the manga but with some changes (same illustrator as the manga)
Instead of just randomly showing up here like the manga, Saul Leon's entrance in the LN is much more badass imo. Remember in chapter 14 where he's spectating Crim's 3v3 duel? After Crim wins, he jumps down into the arena and demands a duel using the arena's instant death rule (instead of stabbing himself to 1 HP in the manga)
Also the duel ends in a more definite draw than a Crim's loss here

Dex-chan lover
I don't know man, crim losing because of a shitty plot/arc doesn't fit right with me.
Bro with better gear & having seen Crim fight before, ambushed a tired Crim in beginner clothes. So no surprise the "Top 1" player wins. He had everything going for him. But he def shouldn't be proud of that win. :huh:

I hope Crim gets the scythe soon and clowns his ass. He's too smug for my taste

Dex-chan lover
Bro with better gear & having seen Crim fight before, ambushed a tired Crim in beginner clothes. So no surprise the "Top 1" player wins. He had everything going for him. But he def shouldn't be proud of that win. :huh:

I hope Crim gets the scythe soon and clowns his ass. He's too smug for my taste
True, he shouldn't be proud of that. But, crim could've won if she didn't like do that whole ass monologuing for no reason. Well, at least it's one lost for crim but not in a way that is fair as she doesn't even have good stuff. lol

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, the rail track pull is one of the most bullshit pieces of plot armor ive ever seen in something like this. His fucking sword BROKE. He was holding it but somehow was able to reach down, grab AND pull something that in most games would either be immovable or ridiculously heavy(definitely NOT a one hand thing) and tear it out of the ground high enough to block... all somehow in less time than the sword that broke through his... could reach him.

MCs sword doesnt just loose momentum and he literally didnt even have a hand on the rail when her sword got through. Im calling major BS here.

All in all, fuck this arc. Its made me not look forward to the next time that Leon guy shows up because the author already showed they are going to pull stupid stunts like this.
And here I thought Maple was the queen of video game bullshit.🤣

Dex-chan lover
Aw, I was expecting Crim to pull out Lady Maria moves or go full Abyss Watchers on his ass.
image.png

Dex-chan lover
"He didn't leave any openings!"
Because we can't know how a fight is going unless one of them says that.

A two-handed sword is more or less a spear. And range is one of the most important aspects of combat.

Centrifugal force isn't particularly an issue with swords. They have a point of balance close to the hilt, so the tip of the sword is relatively weak, but fast. Swords cut with speed, not power. If you want to cut with power, you go for an axe. Though there are some swords that are relatively blade-heavy. But this is not one of those swords.

Dual wielding with a dagger isn't that spectacular. It was frequently done with rapiers in real life. Usually primarily for defence.

If she gets up close, she should easily win. Two weapons means she can block with one and strike with the other.

Dude, the action economy is way off there. You don't get to pull up the rail while face tanking a dual wielder and you're dead in one hit. That's not how time works.

Satisfying punch. That's what she gets for talking too much.

Bad girl made an oopsie.

Ok, the rail track pull is one of the most bullshit pieces of plot armor ive ever seen in something like this.
I wouldn't even call it plot armor. It's just bad writing.

Dude, I didn’t know the rails are circular, honest
In some games, you go through all stations, and then somehow it just loops back to the first one. Game logic, don't question it too hard.

Also the duel ends in a more definite draw than a Crim's loss here
I find that most draws are copouts. Having the MC lose is much more satisfying. Or win, if the challenger is an ass.

And here I thought Maple was the queen of video game bullshit.🤣
Maple is a bit to the side of things. The game devs in that manga are not sane. The entire game is bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I found the rail defense thing interesting.
This is going to have a lot of 'if'.

If he is able to do that, that means other(with high enough str) will be able to do so too, & I'm a sucker for environmental prop DMG. Kudo to a game that let you do so. As long as the game is not keyboard & mouse(first chapter show some sort of vr choker that probably interact with brainwave?), they can BS that it give enough mobility/interaction that you don't select the wrong thing.
That being said, sound like a nightmare on the balancing aspect. Does that mean everything is destructible? What stopping someone from destroying all public environment? Why would I go buy weapon if I can unbolt railway & just use that as a weapon? How much freedom does the game have?

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I found the rail defense thing interesting.
This is going to have a lot of 'if'.

If he is able to do that, that means other(with high enough str) will be able to do so too, & I'm a sucker for environmental prop DMG. Kudo to a game that let you do so. As long as the game is not keyboard & mouse(first chapter show some sort of vr choker that probably interact with brainwave?), they can BS that it give enough mobility/interaction that you don't select the wrong thing.
That being said, sound like a nightmare on the balancing aspect. Does that mean everything is destructible? What stopping someone from destroying all public environment? Why would I go buy weapon if I can unbolt railway & just use that as a weapon? How much freedom does the game have?
The game's full-dive as stated in many different places, so yea, they have full senses and stuff.
As for weapons and stuff, sure go grab create a club from a tree, I doubt it'd be better than an actual weapon, you prob won't even be able to store it since it's not an item. We also don't know how effective it'd be in an actual combat situation. We know you can be stuck under dirt and killed in that way, but idk if momentum based physics is included.

The real thing to question is this: did the metal beam bend, if so, how did this universe perfect rope physics.

Also there's been environment damage from the start with them collapsing the mine and whatnot. There's probably "no-griefing zones" and some others things in places where it matters too, since I'd doubt a game would be made with all these things ignoring that.

The world is set in the medium-future anyways, whatwith all the holograms we saw in the few irl scenes, so suspension of disbelief is ok in my eyes when it comes to some of the game mechanics (at least the game did make sure the opening included the tech outside of the vr fulldive, even if briefly, shows that this isn't "modern era, but also full-dive vr" like many other stories).

Dex-chan lover
What a badly written arc. What absolute garbage losing because plot bs, lmao. This dude is a terrible character. I honestly hope he doesn't show up anymore after the arc.

Users who are viewing this thread