Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 63 - Dark Necessities

Dex-chan lover
It is kind of funny that they're going about the disgusting level playing field and how ordinary people need to scheme to give themselves a chance against geniuses like Crim, when like Crim's parents made this game specifically and explicitly for her.

LIke what level playing field lmao. Sure Crim is an incredibly skilled gamer but like this entire game is built for her specific playstyle and expertise.

Dex-chan lover
:haa: scrub you've no idea what actually makes players jealous. Go back to studying like your Asian mom demands you to.

Dex-chan lover
Well, glad that my comments on the previous chapter of "why haven't they been caught yet by the powerful bad guy overhearing them??" got heard, apparently.

Also, can't believe Frey's being made to take the Urianger role here, smh.

I mean, Xiao’s egging is more funny than dramatic because Frey thinks of Crim as his friend who is playing a female character rather than someone he view romantically. Like, they’ve known each other since childhood, iirc. This will not work. And if it does, then I wanna fight with the mangaka because the ln author didn’t do this (as far as I remember).
I don't see any of this as predicated on a romantic aspect, tbh. Xiao mocks him by calling Crim his crush, but ultimately the whole convo is about playing second fiddle to a "main character", not about romance. It's the same kind of thing that happens in an arc in the "notorious talker" series, basically just trying to mentally break someone by making them realize they're trying to live for an acceptance they're never gonna actually get, rather than forging their own path.

Dex-chan lover
Tf I did not expect the fricking cloutiful osu reference here of all places

Also bruh mr master manipulator be playing a little bit too dirty

Dex-chan lover
There's no way he'll fall for this. He'll absolutely use this to his advantage to catch them off guard.

Isn't it the same person? It says the author of the WN is Resn and Resn is listed as the author of the manga too. (and seems the artist, Yachimoto, is the same for both too?)

If so then they are seemingly just adding things they couldnt fit, or didnt think of at the time, into their story which should be fine. Usually LNs or manga are the finalized version of a WN. Kind of similar situation with the differences between ReZero's WN -> LN.

resn is the original author, but they don't do any of the writing in the manga - that's all yachimoto. That being said, resn has been pretty vocal on twitter about how they like all of the new additions. Personally, I think it's doing a lot to give depth to characters that were otherwise kinda just plopped in without much thought in the WN or never really had their own arcs.

Ultimately, it's the same story, just being told in different ways. The WN is a lot faster, and some people want that (and feel the need to complain here for some reason). A good comparison would be that the DUO WN is like the first arc of SAO, and the DUO manga is like SAO progressive. Somewhat rushed in the source material, so it's getting fleshed out and really solidifying the base of the story.

For what it's worth, yachimoto has mentioned on twitter that the pace will get faster once the current overarching tournament arc finishes.

Dex-chan lover
imagine having an anime villain arc because your bro is higher rank than you
is just a game man

Double-page supporter
A good comparison would be that the DUO WN is like the first arc of SAO, and the DUO manga is like SAO progressive. Somewhat rushed in the source material, so it's getting fleshed out and really solidifying the base of the story.
They're really not the same. SAO Progressive expands an entire suite of floors that were never touched upon in SAO and backfills relationship stuff between Kirito and Asuna. It didn't rewrite or remove things that were there, as compared to how DUO has done that.

Dex-chan lover
tbh olofboost wasnt really a one-man show, and it doesnt translate directly to skill. if you wanna talk about how people will remember olof its the molly defuse play.

They're really not the same. SAO Progressive expands an entire suite of floors that were never touched upon in SAO and backfills relationship stuff between Kirito and Asuna. It didn't rewrite or remove things that were there, as compared to how DUO has done that.

It was meant as more of an analogy rather than a direct comparison. Progressive had to stay in the rails of anime canon, while the DUO manga can add/remove whatever since it's an adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread