Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - That Red alone, is Vivid.

Dex-chan lover
I woke up today feeling super angry and frustrated. I feel better now 😅

Supporter
Omg, I am so loving this. Being faced with your true self can be scary and revealing. I am so looking forward the next chapter. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Somehow I'm most upset at Kokoro for going to Kurumi's mother. Surely she knows that her friend doesn't have a great relationship with her mom. This is like calling the cops on a suicidal person with a gun to try and save them; obviously that's just going to guarantee the worst outcome.

Also rooting for Kurumi to become the top and Naoi to be the bottom. It just feels like destiny.

Fed-Kun's army
woa this is really getting more and more interesting i love psycho red flag girl let’s goo Naoi and Yoshizawa !

Dex-chan lover
This comment section is wild. I haven't seen anything like this since Black & White came out (Please read that if you enjoy hate sex)

It's kinda fucked that we don't have the whole context on her mom cutting herself. Like, of course that creates trauma so deep in a person they aren't able to be themselves anymore.

Group Leader
This comment section is wild. I haven't seen anything like this since Black & White came out (Please read that if you enjoy hate sex)

It's kinda fucked that we don't have the whole context on her mom cutting herself. Like, of course that creates trauma so deep in a person they aren't able to be themselves anymore.
Yeah,,,, it kinda gives me “look at what you made me do” which is more than a little traumatizing for a child

It’ll be interesting to see how her mom reacts haha (my guess is some kind of manipulative narcissistic parent reaction but who knowssss)

As much as I’d like more details on kurumis backstory, I feel like right around now would be a good time to have a chapter from naois perspective 👏

Double-page supporter
The mom is the worst part of this so far, even the black haired girl isn't as bad

Dex-chan lover
Well this series is great or maybe my taste is getting worse. Naoi's improv skills are pretty amazing though.

We see Kokoro is idolizing her a bit and a normal response would be for Kurumi to try to live up to Kokoro's expectations, thereby becoming a better person in the process and feeling like there's some value in 'being' the kind of person Kokoro likes and supports (since there's at least one person for whom it's worth it), while Kokoro gets a more realistic understanding of Kurumi over time and forgives Yoshizawa for considering stealing (considering Yoshizawa didn't actually steal it). A lot of people were predicting Kokoro being evil, but it seems like she is really just going to be a nice person who wants to support Kurumi.

Instead of that dynamic where their relationship is deepened, we somehow go straight to Naoi disproving that Yoshizawa is not the type of person who would hurt someone. Naoi would have had no idea what would be the result of sending the video, come to school anyway, and then basically followed them around while trying to come up with a way to get the result she wanted. It's quite unhinged behavior, but she also seems brilliant in her social engineering skills, like the kind of person who becomes a CEO or founds a new religion.

A lot of the misunderstanding really stems a lot from Kurumi not communicating to Kokoro that there was more to the situation or considering why Kokoro might be uncomfortable being put in the position of "the only person who knows." Kokoro wanting to involve an authority figure is relatively reasonable and "I don't want to worry my parents" could be a statement made by someone downplaying the impact on themselves, rather than someone who doesn't have the type of relationship with their parents where they can talk about stuff. Kokoro presumably does have that type of trusting relationship with her parents.

This kind of gap in understanding is actually pretty realistic I think, where often well intentioned people make things worse for kids in abusive or difficult home environments and do so in a way where the person in the bad situation ends up blaming themselves. Probably the situation will deteriorate a lot more as Kurumi goes past the point of what Kokoro can accept or forgive.

I also want to say that the author is also really good at the panels of Naoi grabbing Kurumi, like page 21 in this chapter or page 8 and page 9 in chapter 4. We get at least one of these pretty much every chapter. The dynamic is different even when Naoi gets Kurumi to hit her, as even then Naoi is smiling and seems in control, whereas we get these nice overwhelmed/disoriented or scared expressions from Kurumi most of the time, much like on the cover art for the series. I legit spend the month looking forward to getting to see more of these. This really started with the writhe around like a bug panel in chapter 1, where Naoi seemed surprised at Kurumi's reaction, but since then appears to have been seeing what reactions she can get out of Kurumi by acting this way with her. That would make sense, given that she would be in jail if she was like this with everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread