Detective Conan - Vol. 100 Ch. 1064 - A Light in the Darkness

Well, we do know that Agent Camel isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, causing Akai’s cover to be blown way back when he was in the BO.
And he may have had survival training prior to this, but who remembers what they learned back at camp? I know professionals who deleted their college class materials from their brains once the semester was over.

@Xelda

Well said! Camel was injured, wet, and cold so I don’t think that he would be able to think very straight even if he did have the training. Plus the FBI all know how smart and helpful Conan can be. Cut them some slack.

So I guess everyone in the FBI knows about akai and his secret identity now??? I thought it was supposed to be a big secret. Seems a little risky. Doesn’t BO have moles everywhere?

I really wish Gosho could make the FBI not completely incompetents and still make the tension go up. If they were actually good secret agent members, Conan and Yusaku all working together and they still had trouble taking down the org. Now that would be some scary shit right here.

@doradora
Rum already predicted that Camel would drift away toward Umizaru with all the assets the organization is implied to have getting a boat ready shouldn't be a issue.

the writing has been a lil whack lately :s dumbing people down to make conan seem smart has always been the premise but it just didn’t land well here. The survival tips was a little too on the nose and you can tell gosho put research into it but I don’t think it was even necessary to dedicate a chapter to that. at least there’s plot focus now though...

So I guess everyone in the FBI knows about akai and his secret identity now??? I thought it was supposed to be a big secret. Seems a little risky. Doesn’t BO have moles everywhere?
It doesn't really matter anymore since Amuro was revealed to be a double agent in Ch. 897 and Subaru = Akai being revealed to Jodie and Camel in Ch. 898 (with James Black having known all along since Clash) as a kind of a stand-in for the rest of the unnamed FBI team.

Which chapter was it that Mizunashi Reina revealed to Akai that she's CIA???

I get the feeling that we only know that now in this chapter.

@garrenace It was one of the most interesting/hype arc of the anime, titled "Clash of Red and Black" (Aka to Kuro no Clash). I just checked the manga, it starts at chapter 595.

As a refresher, she didn't tell him, they (Conan and Akai) figured it out. It was when she was stuck in a hospital after being in a coma. Her brother Eisuke was involved, and they (FBI) found out Eisuke's father was a CIA agent, and eventually concluded (and confirmed) she is a CIA agent spying on the bad guys.

It's getting more and more interesting! Rum is really special for guessing it all.. Also gin appears so much in this chapter yay

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh this is getting stressful

Also, where the hell did Camel find a battery??

Finally a new chapter. Thank you Beika Street irregulars for your amazing work as always. I really want to buy all the volumes but they are expensive together and I hate the names they used in the translation (who the fuck is Jimmy, Rachel and Richard? WHO???!!!! Well the official translation uses the forbidden names so I can't thank Beika Street Irregulars enough for their amazing translations. I'm glad the story is progressing with the main BO plot but honestly I love every chapter. In a way people have been waiting for the end of this manga for years but I find it really sad to think that Detective Conan could end one day. Even though I could see the end I think I'll really miss Detective Conan. The manga and the anime were the only things keeping me happy and hopeful for a long time. Detective Conan taught and helped me a lot. I can't wait until the next chapter. Thank you one again for your quick and high quality translations Beika Street Irregulars.

Double-page supporter
Oh this is intense and i love it and thanks for translating my favourite series as always beika street irregulars!!

They dumbed down FBI so much! What agent doesn't know basic survival skills 😑

Double-page supporter
"Yeah, that won't be a problem....BECAUSE WE'LL GET THERE FIRST!" *Initial D music intensifies*

Users who are viewing this thread