Do not allow users to mark their own posts as :rejected: :planned: :will fix:.

We probably shouldn't be able to do that, as much as I would like to do that to everything.
Also curious weather or not multiple tags are possible, and if tags have to go at the end of the thread title..... forgive me for testing. Curiosity will kill me
oh... it actually allows that.... thought it might only look at the end, like /:(rejected|planned|will fix):$/. Now I kind of wish I had repeated it....... can we change the title to
Code:
:rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: Leave us alone, nobody likes you :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :maybe: :planned: :will fix: :implemented:

While I do not plan on using these tags again, I do plan on using emoji in my thread titles in the future unless someone tells me otherwise

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Probably should but it's not that important

A nice idea, but these threads almost always have some kind of dev / mod response, so it's easy to figure out when OP's full of shit.

Group Leader
Now that people know it's possible it'll just invite chaos though.

Nah, We are probably fine for now. I mean, no one uses emoji in the titles (which are arguably easier to type and more useful for end users), so.... how many would actually bother doing this? At worst, we will probably get a few kids doing it one time for kicks and giggles. If this leaves pg1 of suggestions before then, we should be fine.

Abuse wouldn't really hurt anyone either, just be confusing/annoying, and probably cause you to loose favor with the mods. Not encouraging anyone to do it though. Don't. No need to annoy mods intentionally
(if you did find a way to use it maliciously, it would probably end with your thread quickly renamed/deleted and you muted/banned)

I just wanted to note it down since I am one of those few weird people who were curious enough to do it. And, after doing it... not mentioning it in suggestions or bugs would probably be a bad move.

Edit: @Oeconomist Well, yeah.... I won't disagree with that. However, I had already tested it so.. Just wait for it to vanish is about all I can do now..... Staff could re-title the threads to reduce the attention they receive. And I am not enough of a troll to complain if the 2-3 comments where I mention them are edited. Deleting the thread is fine with me as well. goal here was to ensure they were aware of it, and the goal of "Just a Test" was probing the few questions I had about what is valid in a title so I can reproduce it in my preview script. If I could, I would have deleted it after learning what I wanted. (and I didn't expect it to work at the time. Assumed tags were another column or table in the db, unrelated to title. Had I seen a thread where it was in the middle or beginning of the title, I would have been more cautious of it. But... well, I didn't look that hard...)

....Ok, apologies... I should have just tried asking in the discord before testing.
@crazybars With your recent activity, I have been wondering if you are a troll or not. I don't think you used to be ... but haven't paid enough attention to be sure. Did you change your posting style recently, or am I just confusing you for someone else?

@crazybars no, my goal with that was to not keep posting new comments and let this thread die. I did mention you, which I believe still works with edits. Though I will admit my question was not in good taste and against my better judgment. I apologize for that. Having had a nights rests, I am no longer seeing troll bridges. Though, I still question some of your posts, if we exclude the content of the one you just made to prove a point, nothing screams troll.

Dex-chan lover
@firefish5000

I think that @war-ble overstates things, but that he is correct that, in informing everyone that this were possible, more harm were done than good. The staff surely noticed the one or more occasions upon which this trick was previously pulled. Some people will be perfectly happy to create special-purpose accounts to sow bits of entropy.

I don't think it's a big deal, the Suggestions thread forums is literally the most Moderated on the Site.

Observe how fast this gets taken down yeah?

https://mangadex.org/thread/154938

@firefish5000

Btw, the thread got moderated like I said, the title issue is only applicable in the suggestions portion of this site. You don't have to worry about it every being an issue.

And no, editing your previous post to try to respond while make it seem like I'm double posting is not going to stop me posting comments with no edit marks.

Thanks for being such a jackass about it though and think I wouldn't notice.

....Ok, apologies... I should have just tried asking in the discord before testing.
@crazybars With your recent activity, I have been wondering if you are a troll or not. I don't think you used to be ... but haven't paid enough attention to be sure. Did you change your posting style recently, or am I just confusing you for someone else?

Like really Firefish? No matter what you think of me, WOULD ANYONE NOT think you're being a jackass to them if you edit post that secretly in a previous post?

*edit: 7/13/2019

@firefish5000

Okies Firefish. Fair Enough.

You can only tag someone once in an edited comment btw. It doesn't notify me after the 1st time, I found that out when someone did edited comment shenanigans on me a few months ago.

=========
@firefish5000

For example, ZIP ZOP DE WHOOP DA FIRING MA LAZER WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Is not gonna appear in your notifications.

Dex-chan lover
i'm more surprised that you could actually do that. i support OP's suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread