Do you prefer Dub or The Original one ?

• Dub

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Original one

Votes: 131 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depend of the approach.

I started to watch anime on TV channels. All animes i know, they were all dub(french in my case).
Some of these were completly out from the VO but not this bad, like City Hunter (Nicky Larson for french dub). It turns the show funnier than the original (FR was censored anyway).

Today, i prefer to watch everything in VO because it seems logic to listen natives speakers. 😉

Group Leader
@sterven @Teddy I am sorry, this is just a coincidence, i don't know if someone already make a thread about this.

Once again i am sorry.

i dont mean to steal anyone's idea, this is just a coincidence.
Lmao, sry for my misconduct. Tehheee

@Ryoji666 souka, i think youre right, but sometimes dub is funny too, foer ecample like Ghost Stories. 😂😂

Group Leader
@sterven Lmao, i thought youre talking about me 😂😂 i feel bad for a second, because i thought youre alrd making a discussion about Dub vs Sub (OG)

Dex-chan lover
@pandascepter
lol nah man I wouldn't give you shit if you posted a thread about an existing topic unless of course you went to the suggestions forum and posted a thread about wanting fucking chapter count or sort by completion then i'd talk shit to you all day.

Any moving pictures with audio embedded with it are dubbed, regardless of what language it is, what language is the original audio, or additional subtitles blocking the visuals.
The options of "original" and "dub" are slightly ambiguous here. Elaborate further, please?

Certainly dubbed (I mean, if you watch anything with audio, by definition it's dubbed). Language can be either English or Japanese, I prefer no subtitles, except most sites I use forced me subtitles in the Japanese dub. Sad, Anime are meant to be watched not read.

At first, I liked dub because it was simpler. I grew closer towards sub after learning the dub often has slight and felt like sub was closer to the original experience (plus I hated having to switch whenever a series wasn't fully dubbed because the voice changes kept throwing me off).
And finally what crazybars said is basically the final nail in the coffin of "never gonna watch dub again". The idea of dubbing companies just changing the script for politics and/or lulz just made me feel like I can't trust the dubbers to dub accurately without doing whatever they feel like.
ESPECIALLY with such famous funimation script changes from anime such as Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Prison School and Hajimete no Gal. Those three are just off the top of my head, wouldn't surprise me if there's even more I don't know about.
I still like certain dubs that I know are good but I just lost any sort of trust for future dubs to be accurate to the source or not have the potential to have been changed for no good reason.

tl;dr, use to like dub but forced politics and unnecessary changes are bad/inaccurate so I like sub now.

Also (since Ghost Stories got mentioned here), IMO Ghost Stories feels more like an official abridged series rather than a dub.

I prefer subtitles. So it ends up that I would prefer sub instead of dubs (which usually come without subtitles). If dubs with subs were available, I'd probably view it equal to subs with original voicing.

I saw a blooper reel of western VAs in Kill La Kill, and I thought it was cute to hear the chemistry in the English cast as they dubbed. So I think that'd worth noting.

Depends on the anime and the va

for example in Konosuba i really really like the dub they did a good job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSJfLnOvbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqNnvbGTwgg

Group Leader
@Chaos_Knight hooo, hontou ka yo ? o will try to watch the dub.

@marrow OG with subtitles is good, but dubs also isn't so bad thou. I havent see a dubs that has subtitle, i tried to search on Subscene, there is none, because dub's purpose will lose it essence, no ?

Contributor
Panty and Stocking dub was superb even though I prefer subs

And we can never forget about the masterpiece called Ghost Stories dub

Users who are viewing this thread