Doki Fansubs

@BillyH99 In the description there is always a link to the original comic. As long as there is one in English, there is a 99% chance it is licensed. Licensed comics don't appear on Mangadex.
This one is licensed by Naver/(insert new name). Go to their website and read it there for free. Help the authors without paying anything but a bit of your time.
You have to click on "Official English".

@catwebard im 9 chapters in to the official one(free) and it already seems great, from what ive heard the art gets much much better as well

Is this the first series uploaded to mangadex? I wanna know the logic behind the title numbers

@dawned Up till now there are 3 big volumes that divide the 3 main arcs of this manga, each volume start from chapter 1, the floor where it takes place the story chapter and the sequential title of the event occurring at the time.

I didn't read the manga yet, but from the anime, it's a disappointing. More like the greatest simp hero ever.

@kochengoren how?? personally Season 1 in manga (literally in anime) is the most interesting part in this comic along with the first half of season 2..

the rest?? its boring as hell and often anti-climatic. especially Season 3 (if you are new readers its still bearable). World building is good and unique but if you reread there are a lot of contradictions like Author just freely adding things up as his please.

its kind of mild spoiler.. the characters you've seen in Season 1 mostly will be forgotten and overshadowed by a lot of new characters. they are just a background characters now only appearing occasionally. Yes gang like Anaak zahard, etc...

and MC is the most boring protagonist I've ever seen. Season 1 and till the middle of season 2 is alright.. but you will get bored eventually. yeah he is flat and its like he has no expression as a likeable mc

@Rianadra
My reason is simple. Yes indeed that the MC owed her his life, but it doesn't mean he has to live his life as her doormat.
Please excuse me that I only watched the anime, not reading the manga yet.
But throughout the anime until the end, he sacrificed so much for her, but his feelings never reciprocated, instead she always betrayed him without telling him a single reason. It's really shocked my gut to watch that last episode. I wish that I never watch this anime in the first place.

I absolutely love this story. Season 1 was good. Season 2 was fantastic, and Season 3 is about the same level as Season 1 to me. I love how the world continues to always expand with more people and places. Though it is a bit sad not seeing some characters for a long time, it is great that the author doesn't just have everything happen around the main character. Other characters go off and do their own thing at times. Though if there is one thing is to complain about it would be how some people just yell out stuff without thinking over it themselves. Like the character Rachel is often called the worst, but she is probably the best written character in the entire series. Hate her guts, but very well written. Also...

@KochengOren
I think you have a bit of the wrong idea about their initial relationship. He isn't chasing after her because he is looking for a romantic relationship. He is chasing after her like a lost child looking for their mother. He has very little emotional development in the beginning, and literally known only one person his entire life. So if that person says they are leaving, he would want to chase after her so that he won't be alone again, like a child would. Their relationship does develop, in a negative (but well written) way until he realizes that he is better off treating her like a stranger.
I don't get why people always assume that a male - female relationship always have to have something romantic. Rachel was a mother-like or at least an older sister-like figure to Bam, there was never supposed to be any romance with it. And like a bad parental figure she thought Bam as more of a burden to her goals.
She believes herself to be the protagonist basically, and that Bam was just a monster. It explains later on as to why. It comes from the time from outside the Tower, and someone else but I won't say who since that is too big of a spoiler..
Also, why would she explain to him why. If she started explaining why she hated him that would give away her intentions, and he could possibly defend himself. It was a gut punch to all that

@Ri_Lilium
I wasn't talking from romantic perspective only. It's not that different than Frankenstein then. Or are you okay with abusing mother figure? Like in the Chi no Wadachi.

Considering that the author mentioned that "Tower of God" is only a part of the whole "ToG universe", then of course it'd be really interesting and I would love to see the series continue through the years. There are plenty of parts missing, unexplained, or 'forgotten' in which the author lapsed to make a better description/understanding about this or that. I'll be frank, it isn't as bad as the others say, there is development in some aspects, and some still don't have such as in romance, since the MC himself doesn't even see the end of his current goal, which is understandable.

It is a good read and a classic at this point, I've read this along with Noblesse since highschool until college, trust me, it's worth it.

This series is great overall IMO but it goes downhill with season 3 because of the power differences between characters (I know there's a term for it but I can't remember it) Bam just becomes way too OP, being able to survive against the strongest (or one of the strongest atleast, I don't quite remember) ranker (and even able to fight toe to toe later) and none of his friends who did get a chance to shine in the earlier seasons are able to catch up to him without absurd reasonings (which literally happens with two of the characters, they get a power up and NEVER get a chance to use it and you know it was just thrown in without pre-planning when the author realized that there was a problem
the family that all uses electricity real power is actually ice! ...except you never see any other family member use ice, the head doesn't even use ice after teaching it when fighting against the real King when he's ostensably fighting as hard as he can to buy time for the MC and his pals
)

tbh I didn't read the whole 3 seasons and stopped at the white haired guy arc, but to me, the characters got less and less interesting overtime. Why should I give a damn about this fat girl eating candy? or these 3(?) people who separated because one guy got his gf killed? or even Hoax/slayer nominee?(I think that is what his name was) I think the hotels room arc was the last arc where I was interested in the characters.

@watercell Trust me after this arc everything gets better, Even the old characters ( Endorsi, Hatsu etc..) will back after this arc, and the Art get 10x better. Don’t give up yet.

*sigh*
Rant incoming(skip to overall if not interested in the details):
This web comic has a great concept, fun action, decent overall art, some interesting characters and an amazing world. But it's just well...
It starts off so great(I loved the first season), but the longer it's gone on the more convoluted it seems. In my opinion, the quality of the story seems to fluctuate between a solid and interesting 8/10 down to an abysmal, low quality 5/10... These really grandiose and creative circumstances and plot devices are set up only to be executed so poorly I can't help but become frustrated. Elements are introduced into the plot only to use them in the same or next episode. Then those same elements are discarded as readily as they are made for some other convenient plot device. Characters reasoning for their actions can also come off as downright nonsensical at times. This all makes the story give off the impression as if it lacks direction and was written on the fly. Season 3 seems particularly notorious for this "off the cuff" writing style. This somewhat causes me to wonder how much the author really cares about this story nowadays...

Character after character gets introduced, given backstories and everything, only to get tossed aside and barely or never seen again. The answer to almost every conflict seems to be to introduce more characters or give a character some random power up. So many characters have been introduced now I can barely even remember half of them, let alone become attached to any. I'm only emotionally invested in a very small handful of these characters(and they aren't even present much of the time) relative to the rest of the cast... This over saturation of characters ends up making many of the characters, at times, feel flat and/or like slightly mutated copies of each other. Don't get me started on the power levels being all over the place... And really importantly: When everyone is swinging around massive explosions and waves of power, they all end up having a similar, diluted impact. It loses all of it's thrill and wonder.

Overall, this web comic can be summed up as "Amazing world-building. Mediocre storytelling." This has an extremely interesting world and the author has, at least in part, a great vision for what he's trying to create. Yet, the execution of the story itself is holding it back. I do recommend giving this a shot though simply for the sheer creativity and uniqueness of the story's world. Just be prepared to have to overlook and/or bear some things(see rant above). I also wouldn't fault you at all if you decided to drop this comic at some point for one reason or another. Anyway, even with all of it's flaws, I like this web comic. I'm up to season 3 chapter 65 and basically committed at this point so I'll probably be at least skimming it until it's either discontinued or is completed.
It just squeaks out a 7/10 from me for now. Depending on how the story goes I could see this going up to a 7.5 or even dropping to as low as a 6 as a final rating.

P.S. I bet this world would make a pretty interesting tabletop rpg setting.

Users who are viewing this thread