Domestic na Kanojo

A question from someone who read up to chapter 50 and dropped over 4 years ago :

Did the MC stay a completely unlikable piece of trash through all of the chapters? It really seemed like he was doing his best to cheat on absolutely everyone around him.

is this a bad manga?? all i see is negative comments should i try reading this? i've seen the anime version and if this is good give me some manga suggestion like this

@JohnFuckingWick Well it depends on if the saying "All's well that ends well" goes for you because the ending for this is
(kinda spoilers) pretty shitty and disappointing so if you dont want that as the end thrn i suggest you don't read it.

@jdjohndoe13 Yeah but...
you think of that guy to be a two timer piece of shit. But not in this story, ohhh nooooo they want to sell us that the MC is fucking dedicated to Hina, just because she was his crush from his teens. Come on: it's not credible. If he really has always loved Hina, he would have been two timing Rui all their time together, so in the end he is a piece of shit.

I have had my own crushes and exs, and I don't go around the world traveling to get back with them. I actually think that they would go and kill me rigth on the spot if I ever showed up in their life again, LOL!

I am upset over a manga, and yes I gotta grow up LOL!

I'll be trying to avoid these kind of Manga in future.
I can't explain how utterly disappointed i am in this ending. Its like the author deliberately fucked our hopes and threw them into trash. Up untill the last moment i was like wtf is with these plot twists. I can't explain how hurt i am but i know you guys will undoubtedly understand it cause you were also in this trip with me. I really had a sense of connection with Rui because most of her habits are like mine. Well nothing can be done now. I'll recover in like about a week or so. Now I'll be really specific about reading these kinds of stuff from now on.

Wow! I have mixed feelings about the end. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Overall it's a great work and I got surprised a lot of times. I'm curious to know more works related to the author. I hope other people had enjoyed the drama too.

These two reddit posts will convert Rui fans

https://www.reddit.com/r/DomesticGirlfriend/comments/i3j3s6/the_200_chapters_development_of_nxr/g0f0z8v/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

https://www.reddit.com/r/DomesticGirlfriend/comments/j54c74/how_connected_hina_is_to_natsuos_life_journey/

What a disappointment this ending was. The build up for most of the chapters was Rui. And because of that i fell in love with the thought of Natsuo X Rui and Was looking forward to a good ending for them. I mean Hina is good especially during the early stages of this series but towards the middle to the end, the build up of the story was Rui. The author made us feel Hina to be the third wheel. What a damn betrayal the author did to us readers. I mean he got Rui pregnant and they were in love. Can’t the author just go with that rather than a rushed ending with Hina. I loved this series but that ending was just a betrayal to the readers.

Up until the last ten chapters, 10/10, last ten chapters dragged the ENTIRE story down to a 2/10. Author fucked us hard.

Disclaimer this is a type of retrospective that i have done after reading the Manga of Domestic Girlfriend everything in this comment is entirely my opinion and you are free to agree or disagree I only ask that you respect my thoughts and that way I can respect everyone else's with that in mind there are heavy spoilers for the manga in this article so if you are not done with it I advise that you keep scrolling however if you have finished it or do not mind the spoilers I would gladly appreciate if you would give me your thoughts thank you.

Honestly this was really good and I was sucked into the story a love story about forbidden love between a teacher and a student but after Hina left for the first time the story really flourished and Honestly I would say I was team Rui since the first chapter nad I knew she was going to have some impact on the story so after Hina left I hated ther character for leaving Natsuo with nothing but a letter but I understood why she had to do it. Then Rui and she helped Natsuo get back in his element and I loved it I was rooting for their relationship the entire time it got to the point that when Rui broke up with Natsuo I almost cried and I didn't really want to read the story anymore because I didn't see a point I just thought oh well they broke up guess he's gonna get with Hina now but that isn't what happend and when Natsuo and Rui got back together I was estatic and that joy grew even larger with the fact that they had baby on the way and they were getting married I thought to my self that they were finally getting the happy ending I wanted, but I felt there was something wrong with the couple of chapters I felt that there was a couple of chapters left and I thought what they would be considering the fact that the marriage and happy ending i longed for was rapidly approaching but then the last arc happened and what I was thinking is that the worst would happen to Hina or she would come to terms with the relationship of Natsuo and Rui. But I was utterly shocked when the broke off the wedding and that Natsuo and Rui decided to devote their lived to Hina as she had devoted her life to make Natsuo happy and it was devastating when I found out that Natsuo and Hina were going to get married it isn't what I wanted but it was what was supposed to happen. Of course I was disappointed that my dream couple didn't end up the way I wanted them too and even thought I am sad in a way I'm still sort of happy. It was a bitter sweet ended in the type of way that the story didn't turn out the way I wanted it too but all the characters were happy and that was ok too. This series made me feel lost of emotions happiness, anger, sorrow, sadness, excitement, and throughout the whole thing it gave me a warm feeling in my heart that maybe someday I can also have the relationship that Natsuo and Rui a caring relationship that is not perfect that would at times feel like it was not meant to be but in my heart it was meant to be this will always be my ideal relationship even if it didn't go the way I wanted it to go. Now I will be honest I probably have to right to be giving this series the amount of criticism I'm giving it but thats just how much I love this series and I also want so many other people to experience it they might not view it in the same light I did but thats the thing with opinions they can be agreed with and respected but in the case of Domestic Girlfriend i will respect everyone's opinions but I will not say I agree with everyone saying this is a bad series I would 100% recomend this to anyone who wants a thrilling love story but can accept the bad. With that in mind if you do not mind at times reading softcore hentai and some very awkward moments here in there lol, I rate this 8 outta 10 and I would recommend. :)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
let me just tell you sirs, this is one SPECIAL manga. Heart burning stepcest, my brain literally cant

Why do people not like the ending? Im guessing the only people who hated it were
Rui fans
. Not the best ending, but still satisfying. Would highly recommend this.

This was an excelent story. If you like romance, this is definitly a manga you should read! from start to finish, it never stops. Its characters evolving within a very moving story, you can only be sucked into it. This made me buy the manga collection.

For the purists out there: Maison Ikkoku took an heavy blow. it is still the best long run romance out there, but Domestic na Kanojo came close to dethroning it.

please people, stop bitching because Rui didn't win. don't spit on this great ending because your 'best girl' didn't make it. And i am on team Rui by saying that.
The ending, the characters choices and all the rest made perfect sense. If you do not get this, then you did not read this manga carefully and missed half the points.

Users who are viewing this thread