Dorei kara no Kitai to Hyouka no sei de Sakushu dekinai no daga - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
Chapter's so short it didn't even arrive at the opening teaser's scene yet... well, it's good so far, at least.

Most types of "slave harem" manga/novels don't interest me. There's...
1. Straightforward slave harem like the eponymous one, where MC casually buys slaves or is a Maou who enslaves girls in self-defense, and has sex with them, and they're grateful at him for being such a kind master or whatever, and they usually have little personality because they're whatever heroine archetype the author felt in the mood for and mostly quickly forgotten.
2. "Reluctant" slave harem like Death March, where the MC just ends up buying a few slaves at one point and they easily fall in love with him and/or treat him like their papa, but he's too shy to do much with them.
3. Fake slave harem like Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu, where they don't even adopt the role of slaves.

It sounds like we have a protagonist from #1 but the buildup will be slower (less shallow) since he's too shy to admit he wants to have sex slaves, and probably heroines from #2...? Which seems like a potentially fun combination. It all depends on the author...
You have either never actually read Death March or you only skimmed the pages and made an assumption of the narrative just by looking at the pictures without reading the texts.
Now, I'm dubious about the validity of your 1st and 3rd points.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, they are slaves you can have them do mroe than one thing...

Dex-chan lover
You know what? This guy is just trying to play the cards he's been dealt the best he can. I can respect that.

Dex-chan lover
It's like bottom shelf junk food. Feels bad in the stomach, feels bad on the way down. But it's kinda good

Dex-chan lover
Alan Moore once said you shouldn't just read good stories, you should read bad ones as well, because they show you what's terrible in them. So everyone, let's all take a gander at this

Dex-chan lover
so basically what this manga aims to do is to "blue ball" the hell out of the readers lol.

Dex-chan lover
I really do dislike the trope of possessing someone else's body. There's just something parasitic and gross about it, and I've always hated how no one really cares or mourns for the original person (outside of MC shouting 'PARTNER' at the beginning).
Though I suppose I at least appreciate that it was addressed what happened to him, usually they just get possessed and nothing is ever said of the original again.

Dex-chan lover
we can uh hope mc fixes himself soon here but the references and joking tone of the cast does make me hope the series ends up fun

MD@Home
Based solely on the synopsis this seems like it would work better as 4-koma. Like, there isn't really a "story" to tell just subverting expectations of "slave harem isekai protag bangs his slaves" over and over.

Well, hope all of you that stick around enjoy the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread