Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Ch. 116

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was quite immersion-breaking. First, it's hard to believe that a small city in Japan could have enough students to fill four classes. Second, it seems unrealistic that Sayu, without any prior knowledge, could develop a functional game demo in just 40 days.

Edit: Upon researching, I found that there are only 8 high schools in Kitami. Therefore, I retract my statement.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
This chapter was quite immersion-breaking. First, it's hard to believe that a small city in Japan could have enough students to fill four classes. Second, it seems unrealistic that Sayu, without any prior knowledge, could develop a functional game demo in just 40 days.
You'd be surprised with the amount of content geared towards game-making today and with how beginner friendly some tools are nowadays. It would take some serious effort but its plausible

Dex-chan lover
You'd be surprised with the amount of content geared towards game-making today and with how beginner friendly some tools are nowadays. It would take some serious effort but its plausible
Yes, it's plausible, but it bothers me somewhat. Fuyuki and Sayu could have had that conversation before July, and it could have been mentioned that Sayu had been working on the game for about three months. This would make it more reasonable. Perhaps I'm being too critical, though.

Dex-chan lover
as someone who studied game dev, seems p plausible, esp with the explanation given:
she used free assets, so the huge timesink of modelling was bypassed
followed tutorials, which if you're geared towards programming, a week is really all you need to really get a feel for it (even that may be much cause of this third point)
she made a first person game, which there is an insane amount of template stuff for, so more than a month is almost excessive if she only made like one small map with enemies and nothing else

tldr she probably made an "asset flip" considering she talked about following tutorials, so p easy to do, even without any knowledge whatsoever
(I hate tutorials personally, but do understand their use: they provide tangible results, even if try don't really always "teach you" what you're doing and the code behind it)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Edit: Upon researching, I found that there are only 8 high schools in Kitami. Therefore, I retract my statement.
10 years ago i would agree but now you have so many assets/codes/animation open source on unreal engine. from what we saw its nothing deep so imo its not unrealistic. A begginer can do that in a week (even less) by just folloing engines free tutorials (rpg maker and unity's are good) that literally are a step by step game dev !

Double-page supporter
TIL that Dasanko is the name of Hokkaido's native horse. It can also be slang for someone from there. But I like the fashionista my little ponies of Hokkaido are super adorable 😍 🥰 implications!

Users who are viewing this thread