Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Ch. 119

Aggregator gang
I loved how they ended that. The last chapter and this one where we got to see a time-lapse of their lives after living together as a vlog all the way to their daughter wedding. Few series can say they ended as satisfying as this was for me.

Dex-chan lover
Should've been more lovey-dovey stuff, more family stuff and more children, especially, to compensate for that gazillion of chapters of unnecessary drama, but, well, at least, it was pretty decent in the end, even though it felt kind of rushed.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the author, all the translators and chat for the amazing ride. Was a nice and comfortable one.
Even if it felt short and that the ending was controversial I still must say that I the end : I ENJOYED MY STAY

Dex-chan lover
That was an unconventional, but also, very good ending imo
yeah, i think the closest i've seen something like this was with karekano and it did not go so far.

i can't say i'm much of a fan of the monster timeskip we saw page by page but i get it, in fact it kind of mimics life when life accelerates as you grow older and you have less and less small details and suddenly events are not measured in hours and days but in months and years.

edit: yes, the timeskips are a bit egregious when we had all that dumb forced drama around the mother early on that ate a truckload of chapters in super details practically play-by-play then 5/10yr timeskip per panel

I feel like this is the one of the first manga epilogues that has really felt like it's given me closure, and while I'm sad that it's over and some part of me wants to see more of this couple—

I'm kinda glad that it's ended? I'd rather a manga be written with an end in mind than have the mangaka be forced to keep dragging a series on, and this is possibly one of the best endings we've seen to this kinda romance story (imo at least). We got to see some of the beginnings of their relationship, and also kinda followed through with their futures, and I guess that's all I can really ask for

Dex-chan lover
I have never seen a manga start out as strong as it did, drop off so hard that it almost hit the center of the earth, only to actually pick itself back up and actually be as good as it started out. I'm glad I actually caught this manga back when it first started serialization, and stuck through it through the worst of what it became, because seeing it actually slowly but surely return to greatness made it feel more rewarding than if I had dropped it and picked it back up later, honestly. I dunno how it would have turned out if that middling section wasn't as terrible as it was, but given that everything turned around in the end, I can't really be that mad at the result.

TL;DR: this video.

Aggregator gang
I kinda don't like it. This ending is not satisfactory to me at all.
We endured idiotic dramas, pointless harem route (because MC was set on the main heroine from the start) and stupid misunderstandings to see them badly drawn as middle-age parents at their daughter's wedding?
There's no payoff in this ending, at least in my eyes. I wanted to see them happily entering a new chapter of their life, not being at the end of it...

Dex-chan lover
Well, I loved it when it started but it lost its way massively after the first confession.

Minami was sidelined for a year and it was losing readers but they pulled it back and saved it from 85 onwards.

We didn’t get to see why minami stopped being an idiot avoiding him after her slumber party with the girls he rejected either.

I’ll miss it but that was a nice final 2 chapters.

Unpopular opinion here, I enjoyed it all, even the period of hate it went though when it became a drama which I consider to be the highlight of the series IMHO.

Personally my favorite characters were always the two junior gals, Hina and Asuka. Sadly they weren't very popular but I LOVED their designs and wish they played more prominent roles in the series.

At least Asuka was seen slightly more often but Hina hadn't had any lines since like chapter 70 something which sucks but oh well. I'd say tha's my only real disappointment with the series.

Maybe she'll reincarnate in his upcoming manga (I believe it's about a playful school nurse).

Dex-chan lover
That's a really new and fresh way of ending a romcom - and a great ending to boot. I was a bit concerned at first. Skimming over their wedding didn't bother me that much, wedding ending was done to death anyway, but when it was revealed it was now their kid and her BF, I was afraid this'll become a haphazard, pointless time skip. Like, why their kid's love life? But not only after everything's said and done it didn't feel rushed, it even feel like it's a great closure of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread