Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Vol. 5 Ch. 42

Dex-chan lover
man, this manga doesn't seem to have anything to do with gyaru. Has far more to do with the culture of hokaido over gyaru by far. Gal Gohan is a good example of gyaru culture being involved same with Anjou-san

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus lol seems like we're the only ones (along with a few others) who read ahead and powered through reading the Portuguese and/or Japanese versions since it already released up to Chapter 43 and the English version is behind cause the translators are sick according to the Redrawer. Speaking of, hoping they get better and hoping for the best, since the RD'er said that one of them has Covid and the other one apparently has something worse.

But yeah, I agree, some big shit happens next chapter, but based off of the context and what I was able to translate/understand from both chapters, what happened happened (NEXT CHAPTER/CHAPTER 43 SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT)
without any warning, since she just apparently went for it instead of actually trying to lead up to it by using words lmfao though tbf I gotta give her credit for doing it since she wasn't able to actually say anything or even squeeze a word out lol and considering Shiki's whole dilemma with being hung up on Fuyuki (I would have also added Natsukawa, but the dumbass straight up rejected her before she could even so much as start her sentence when she was about to confess/proposition him, and literally right after she got cut off, Fuyuki and Akino showed up and revealed their stalking operation and Natsukawa immediately understood, though I feel super bad for her still, but anyway lol I'm actually really interested in seeing how this ends, or rather, how Shiki is gonna react, and also if Akino will be able to actually talk now that she got it out of the way, or if she's gonna be even worse and not say a single word again or just straight up run away before Shiki can process what just happened and/or reject or accept her confession lol

On top of that,
I'm also willing to bet that Fuyuki is somewhere in the crowd and just like how this series likes to do, she'll probably see the both of them and was about to go say hi or something or just watch over them from the background, and all of a sudden she seems Akino just straight up go right in for it and Fuyuki's gonna lose her shit, or at least, lose her shit in the Dosanko Gyaru way, not the normal lose your shit like a battle shonen or action series way haha. Either that or her mom is gonna see them, and realize that must have been why Fuyuki was acting weird at home and invited her sister to go see the fireworks with her instead of going with Shiki, and then when she's about to go say hi to them, she's gonna be the one to see that moment and then lose her shit or something lol though this time she may actually lose her shit because she's Fuyuki's mom and she may get pissed that Shiki is either an idiot that ignored or didn't notice Fuyuki's feelings towards him, or that he's an asshole that knows full well how Fuyuki feels and is straight up blowing it off and either two-timing her with Akino, or she's gonna guess that the two of them either had a fight or someone rejected the other lol

But either way,
someone is definitely gonna see that moment happen and someone is definitely gonna tell Fuyuki/everyone about it and word will get around or something. Maybe Matsuo and his friends actually, since they wouldn't have just appeared randomly to comment that Akino looked good and that they wanted to go talk to her and try to get her to hang out with them, with Matsuo saying she might be with someone, and then Shiki mentioning that he asked them both to hang out but Shiki told him he already promised Akino that he would go with her and didn't try to combine the party like he normally would. No matter what, someone is definitely gonna see Akino do it and its definitely gonna spread, and for the sake of adding drama to the moment, I feel like if they wanted to up the ante, Shiki could just reject her right then and there, but the damage was already done and someone already saw and was already in the middle of the process of spreading the news but didn't stick around to see what happened after cause they may just assume it was already a done deal instead of an impulsive move lmfao

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax I kinda agree, aside from Fuyuki and her mom being Gyaru, there isn't much in terms of Gyaru culture and its all Hokkaido culture.

But if you wanna read a Gyaru manga specifically focusing on Gyarus, here's a series I stumbled upon a while back, its pretty hilarious, but absolutely raunchy lol its called "Black Gakkou ni Tsutomete Shimatta Sensei" https://mangadex.org/title/24530/black-gakkou-ni-tsutomete-shimatta-sensei

And here's another one called "Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan" https://mangadex.org/title/46401/yankee-jk-kuzuhana-chan but this one's mostly about delinquents in a delinquent school with a couple Gyarus here and there, but it was another series that was originally given a Gyaru tag back when it started iirc, though idk about now, since its definitely not Gyaru-centric lol the first one definitely is though, just be warned that its ecchi as all hell and totally raunchy lol pretty hilarious though I gotta admit.

I canā€™t wait for the ā€œi....like, uh, fireworks! Yeah, fireworksā€ and then we wait for more development

Dex-chan lover
Cute date but why is she getting embarrassed at the end ? She just said ā€œlikeā€ thatā€™s not rlly a confession...

@Donutlie because "like", or suki (å„½ć) can be said by itself in Japanese, and with an ambiguous subject, he can easily assume she confessed to him (not like he will tho)

in this context, the solitary "like" can mean "I like you"

sorry if the explanation isn't clear

Users who are viewing this thread