Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Vol. 5 Ch. 42

I swear y’all motherfuckers can never be satisfied. If a manga ends quickly every fucking comment is “aXeD” “tOo sHorT”. But if the author is taking their time it’s “drAGged oUt” and the like. Like stfu

They interrupted not one, but two annoying tropes? This manga is great

Dex-chan lover
Technically, she said it before the fireworks. So hopefully she won't back down now

Dex-chan lover
No no no, you're supposed to confess DURING the firework explosion!

Dex-chan lover
Not with this shit again dude. If we're just gonna use the 'can't hear shit because of fireworks' trope again might as well end it with a fucking kiss. That'll make him recognize your intentions for sure.

Dex-chan lover
@darklumination I wonder what was the line in the original language? Did Shiki understand what she meant to say? 👀

I’m wondering whether you can convey everything in just one word in Japanese - - does “like” carry the “ I like you” statement, or will she just lie and tell him she meant to say “I like fireworks” or something. 🤔

Double-page supporter
Go on, say it. You made it this far.

Also, thanks for the translation, and I hope the other team members recover soon!

Dex-chan lover
Getting myself prepared for the dumping :(

Personally I like her over the gyaru but we all know who's name is in the title

Dex-chan lover
@HentaiGod it's all about pacing, man. Axed mangas tend to shift into 12th gear all of a sudden, obviously rushing towards an ending while leaving every subplot either unresolved or give it a one-panel slapdash resolution. Obviously, that's pretty jarring and unsatisfying.

Dragging out is similarly unsatisfying, just in the other direction. Having buildup lead to nothing again and again, relying on tropes to prevent progress and preserve the status quo, etc. It's just a waste of a good story either way.

Basically, if a series paces itself well, and knows how long it wants to be from the start, it'll be great, short or long doesn't matter then. A series that gets cancelled or where the author suddenly realizes he can milk the premise for a lot longer is just frustrating (Amano Megumi comes to mind...).

Dex-chan lover
she probably said 好き (suki), which is “to like”. Japanese can omit the subject and object of a sentence if they’re known from context, leaving loads of room for ambiguity in times like this. On its own, the implicit subject is “I” and the implicit object is going to either be the topic of discussion or the other person. So she has basically said “I love <something here>”, and yeah, now she can walk it back by clariflying that she meant the fireworks or she can press forwards and get shot down

To Anyone whos seen the raws please dont spoil chapter 43 i myself have seen it but i wouldnt spoil it.

Dex-chan lover
As always, posting my prediction from 2 months ago here:

https://mangadex.org/thread/340119/4/#post_3399895

After reading this chapter though, the way it ends... it feels like the author is aiming ruining the confession with the fireworks? If that's the case, it's just about the stupidest way he could write things around the mess he created...

@chusetto the fireworks just began, I think the author is going there, yeah... :/

@altmaria

Oh, I remember you! Lmao you were pretty right.
I hope that it doesn't follow the cliché, but it just keeps doubling down every chapter. 😩

Double-page supporter
Yup the age old troupe of fireworks fricking dialogue up.
Then akino-chan realizes what she was about to do. Now will she push through and say it loud and clear?

Wooooh. I can't wait for the next chapter

Users who are viewing this thread