Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi - Vol. 5 Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
Hah, didn't see that plot twist coming...
Crazy controlling mom wants to dictate his life, just when MC figured out that he maybe should start making decisions for himself. Meanwhile dad and grandma (who probably were behind getting him away from mom all the way to Hokkaido) are plotting something in secret.

Did this formulaic harem manga just get interesting?!

Dex-chan lover
mhm...so i just read 3 mangas with crazy women in a row
seriously why would his father hook up with this women?

Dex-chan lover
In my mind that's how things should have gone.
"An arranged marriage...wait a minute...no like...but...THERE IS NO W...Oh...oh...I mean sure"
Senpai ship even if it has sunk before sailing

Fed-Kun's army
Hoo boy, what the fuck happened to this manga? Deffo dropping the rating hard on this one. I signed up for a fluffy gyaru SoL, not fucking Domestic Girlfriend. You'd need a fucking lobotomy to enjoy this now.

If the author was smart they'd have Reina just shut the mom down or have her parents not be cool with an arranged marriage or something.

1. It'd be hilarious, though not for the shippers(sorry guys).
2. We can get the damn plot back on track.

On the other hand, it would mean Tsubasa was a non-entity for the whole affair. Part of his character arc is growing in self confidence and making his own decisions. So most likely we're in for a whole bunch of bs drama and really shitty japanese family values.

Or the author really goes off the deep end and Tsubasa says "Oh sweet! I was going to ask her out anyway!" And the train wreck this has become wraps up in two chapters.

Edit: Y'know I added a point to my rating for subverting the "confession during fireworks" trope, but now I have to take that back and a bit more. Could get those points back if this is played very carefully, but I'm not holding my breath.

Double-page supporter
I kinda understand the author's intention to drop a sudden bomb like this, he probably wanted to force tsubasa to take a stance and develop his character. However it was done without buildup whatsoever and felt rushed unless I missed some clues from previous chapters about her mom's character, which I don't think I do.

I mean it's not the first time author kinda flubbed up the drama. Remember when he spent quite a time building up the drama when fuyuki has to go overseas? He built it up through misunderstood conversation as if fuyuki is going forever, tsubasa gained up the courage and all other shenanigans just to found out fuyuki only went for a while for a study trip, that's quite cheap really.

I know what the author is trying to do here, but if the MC doesnt take a stand in like the next chapter or 2 its gonna be too late for him to get any proper development later, cus he would be in his own words running away from his problem, would also look cowardly to say yes to his bitch of a mother but then try and retract his answer later down the line

Do it, I fucking dare you to do it!!

Turn this shit into the next Gal Cleaning!!

Become legend!!

Do it, coward!!!

If this storyline is considered "cliché" then I feel fortunate that this is my first harem/romance manga, lol.

Psycho mom, psycho mom... apparently this is common in Japan. They call it emotional incest.

Dex-chan lover
Man... this sucks. I really used to love this series and rate it highly. Well at least his art has smoothed out and been constant.

Users who are viewing this thread