Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - I Want You to Stop Imposing These Normie Values of Yours onto Me, Alright?

Dex-chan lover
This things is becoming impossible to read. He's dense and a moron.

Plus all the loner stuff is getting out of hand. The entire chapter saying how he decided to be a loner and wants to be a loner. It's so fucking cringe. I think he must have said he's a loner 50 times in one chapter?
After this arc, there will be one more arc, like a hero redemption.

Then it ends. I don't see this going up even up to chapter 28.

Dex-chan lover
its difficult to read the comments of people shitting on the mc... lol, they have the mentality of the girl and that is why they don't care about understanding the boy
Anybody will have a difficulty understanding a boy behaving like Zaimokuza.

Dex-chan lover
I don't read the novel so dunno if it's a spoiler but I'm guessing the twist is he's gonna die after graduation regardless so the girl is pushing him to enjoy life until that time.

edit: day->die
There's actually another manga that does this exact thing and it was really great, so it would be cool if it did it on this one too.

Dex-chan lover
There's actually another manga that does this exact thing and it was really great, so it would be cool if it did it on this one too.
Read that double suicide thing isekai. Pretty barbaric but pretty humane, explains how JP bullying really causes the high rates of death and crime among Asian teens.

Dex-chan lover
Read that double suicide thing isekai. Pretty barbaric but pretty humane, explains how JP bullying really causes the high rates of death and crime among Asian teens.
I have no idea what isekai you are talking about, but it sounds interesting.

BTW the manga I was talking about in my initial comment was Girls Go Around.

Last edited:
Supporter
Did he ever think that maybe, just maybe, she sees their relationship as being on equal footing and might want to progress their relationship forward beyond just acquaintances?
It's something he's currently incapable of thinking.

Dex-chan lover
Did the people who say he's dense missed the early chapters? She was the one who denied having feelings for him. Why would you blame him when she's the one who is not honest?

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it. He said he wanted to have friends and enjoy high school and only became a loner because he ended that way at the end. Then now he keeps "wanting" to be alone instead. It completely changed from chapter 1. This is irritating, especially when there is someone who is putting in the effort to be with him. It's not him begging, but the other person and yet he still acts like this.

Supporter
"It's not pity, I just want you to enjoy life as well" if this isn't a case of lost in translation, I would say she's contradicting herself. You think he's not enjoying life, therefore you're offering to spend time with him. That's pity.

If she really didn't want to spend time with him out of pity, she should have just said that she finds spending time with him fun.

Dex-chan lover
Yoh dude, you can't sell to people you want to be a Loner because it's better if you said before you take that route because you tried to have friends and failed. Those are two different things

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of funny how even this forum is harsh on the loner. They might be speaking with good intentions, but wouldn't it be more interesting to watch when he gets a clue instead of forcing the two together when they're not ready? Yeah, it might be a long while of awkwardness, but the characters aren't even close to Nisekoi levels of obstruction
So yeah... I totally understand this kind of mindset. The same (obviously inspired) mindset that hachiman had.
I don't think people should really lash on him (but yeah, he is totally in denial and it's easy to see to anyone that try to hear what he says) but we should also not lash in the FMC like a lot of people are trying to do.
But I agree they are getting repetitive, even if real interactions of someone stuck in a mental loop are repetitive we can skip it in a manga or novel (even if using time skip)

Dex-chan lover
bro just doesn’t really care too much about making friends idk why it’s a problem.
The thing is. The MC WANTED friends. He complained about it before he died. He is not happy being a loner, HIS words.
I not saying he is wrong and people should treat him as garbage. I just saying he is on denial.

Dex-chan lover
The dude's whole thing is he used to be socially optimistic and tried really hard but eventually gave up and accepted his place in his social life, and that he's deeply embarrassed about the time when he actually tried. The wall he's putting up is a defense mechanism so he doesn't ever "get the wrong idea" and assume someone just likes him with no ulterior motives. Can't be rejected or shunned if you never try right? He's just (currently) incapable of fathoming a scenario in which someone wants to be with him. Someone has to come along and shatter the bubble or he'll never be confident enough to be active socially anymore.

Although maybe the latter part is just me projecting, hard, because that's literally just describing how I approach relationships.
Yeah, same here.
In my teens i did things that make those kind of characters... Hurtful? Don't know if it's the better word but it's a similar feeling I had with hachiman.
I really entered in the whole vibe of "everyone hates me and anyone who interact with me just want stories to laugh behind my back". And yes, I had some reasons to believe that but later I had my growth and was able to understand that some people was mean, that's it. Not everyone, just some people.

Dex-chan lover
Why do you people keep saying stuffs like he is the bad guy here? He made it clear in the first chapter that he wants to be alone, it's the girl that keep pestering him, so how is he in the wrong here?

He want to be alone and he told the girl that, but she refused to do that and keep pestering him till he got so annoyed that he snapped and then you guys coming in and blame him?

Ps: I don't give a damn if she has good intention, she is forcing what she wants onto other people then get upset when they don't want to follow the idea that she has forced onto them. And then you guys coming in blaming the guy for getting annoyed.
No, surely he is not the bad guy. But the only thing he made totally clear in the first chapter is that he don't wanted to be a loner. He just thinks there is anything else to him.

Dex-chan lover
Love the fanbases where they are divided because of different views.

There are so many people supporting Hanamatsuji and there are so many protecting Nanamura.

Fun to watch.
I am doing both, lol. I can understand his reasons but exactly because I understand him I know she is trying to do something good to him and it's a necessary help

Dex-chan lover
Damn all of those expert in comment section is just too much for me...

I cant understand a single shi

Double-page supporter
This was rough because I feel like I have the same thoughts as MC. I wouldnt want to pull someone from my their friend group just so they can hang out with me. Being alone doesn’t really mean you’re not enjoying life, you just have a different way of enjoying it. But, if I had interest in them I wouldn’t mind taking up the offer. In this scenario, the MC just doesn’t like her right now. I feel bad for Hanamitsuji, but unfortunately dude is too stuck in his ways and probably takes the voluntary loner thing too far. If she was that insistent on it, I would’ve caved. Hanging out with people every once and a while is nice after all.

Users who are viewing this thread