Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Letting Go and Holding On

Fed-Kun's army
Pfft I’m not scared of this chick

I think Asahi and Hinako do need something to spur them into action, otherwise they’ll just orbit each other for eternity.

Dex-chan lover
Story is still great. Not sure if protagonist is reluctant to call her feelings love because she's scared of the stigma of dating another woman or because she's scared of violating her long held assumptions about love, but it sounds mostly like the latter.

Contributor
@mmosimca I think it's a bit of the latter, but also because of what Asahi said back in chapter 6. She doesn't think having mutual feelings of love is possible for them.

Double-page supporter
side girl/love interest arc once again here we go yay, for real some times it doesn't bother me but when it's done in a shitty way it can ruin a story for me, most romance authors don't seam know how to progress the characters relationship and story so they keep adding new characters for that reason and it really annoys me especialy since i've read so many romances that rely only on their characters for progress and not some cliche to keep it going

Dex-chan lover
my kokoro

@gabeboi i feel you so hard, hope it doesnt end up really stupid like all the other countless times this has been done.

Thanks for the translation! This is my favorite romance series currently running by a long shot.

I'm glad we got to see Subaru's reaction, even though she had to rib Asahi at least a little bit about how it was "boring" to just eat pizza at Hinako's house. She's a fun wingman character initially but has quickly developed into being interesting on her own merits.

Poor Hinako, she's in a rough spot and I think she'll be stuck there unless she either does something bold or Asahi begins to contemplate their interactions on any sort of deeper level.

Normally I'd be suspect of a potential triangle character showing up for drama, but this series has been pretty smart about how it uses genre tropes so I'm interested to see what happens with new lady.

Dex-chan lover
Huh... They could've waited at least one more chapter after the inevitable flag that they just raised to come with a new character... a "friend". But the author has done very well so far I think, ,so I won't hate before even knowing her and her intentions.

That spiritual connection moment Ayano and Hinako had during lunch was pretty good haha because everything was going to crash at this rate so she needed to hear those words, I'm glad Asashi took action too and they seem well....................uggghhh fuck everything was going so well! even Subaru had that talk, so I really REALLY don't have good expectations for this FRIEND showing out of nowhere NOW

"At any rate, I'll just block him" Hahahaha [ F ]

But after all, I'm so glad to see a new chapter, thanks a lot!

Fed-Kun's army
@sg1721 I could see her gracefully backing off and encouraging Asahi to make a move. Maybe she got the “Subaru is the only thing that matters” speech and had to stay away for a while, and is back to patch things up without ulterior motives

Fed-Kun's army
C'mon!! At least let the ship leave the dock before you send a pirate after it!

qpA8JfZ.png

Can't wait for the inevitable comments about how this friend (obviously meaning potential third-party love interest to create drama) being introduced suddenly negates everything great about this story ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about we leave that for the next chapter and focus on how beautiful and deep that conversation was between Hinako and her friend? I love how she applied it to not only romance, but friendships and just relationships in general. Human interaction is hard and there's always the chance that people will hurt each other no matter how much they care about one another. But if they truly do care, they won't give up and will work through the pain for the sake of staying with each other.

Ugh... why do I feel like that was foreshadowing for upcoming chapters... (>﹏<)

Users who are viewing this thread