Doukutsu Ou kara Hajimeru Rakuen Life ~Bannou no Saikutsu Skill de Saikyou ni!?~ - Ch. 32.2

Dex-chan lover
Honestly i'm considering dropping this or at least putting it on hold for a while, this arc has just annoyed the hell out of me.
That is actually a good idea, because...

Screenshot-137.png

Dex-chan lover
"Machina don't have emotions" she says, after showing plenty of emotions, reminds me of that scene with Bender

The RAW doesn't actually say that, is why. The TL took some liberty with the lines and ends up with unintended meaning.

As both are running low on energy their sentences became fragmented.
Nona's lines would be
"Yesterday...Fulle...said to me...but..." "That time...I couldn't understand" "Sera...you...no, I too."
"Were 'lonely'" "...both of us..."
"While...I...forgot...the order...you were forced to fight alone...sor..ry..."

Sera "As I thought...you're defective..." "For us Makina...such...emotion...is-" and the line cut off.

My personal vote is 'unnecessary', as in they have no need for 'weak' emotions like caring or sympathy, not that they don't have emotions.

Dex-chan lover
The RAW doesn't actually say that, is why. The TL took some liberty with the lines and ends up with unintended meaning.

As both are running low on energy their sentences became fragmented.
Nona's lines would be
"Yesterday...Fulle...said to me...but..." "That time...I couldn't understand" "Sera...you...no, I too."
"Were 'lonely'" "...both of us..."
"While...I...forgot...the order...you were forced to fight alone...sor..ry..."

Sera "As I thought...you're defective..." "For us Makina...such...emotion...is-" and the line cut off.

My personal vote is 'unnecessary', as in they have no need for 'weak' emotions like caring or sympathy, not that they don't have emotions.
Yeah I feel "unnecessary" probably would be the more fitting word, but I don't know Moonrunes to read and make my own interpretation :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Finally. Well, this chapter was actually better than the previous ones, since it had actual stakes and changed the situation. Could've cut out a chunk of the battle and it would've been the same.

"Machina don't have emotions" she says, after showing plenty of emotions, reminds me of that scene with Bender
So many times I've seen characters upset about "not having emotions." And it's not even a deliberate contradiction (like one of my favourite sayings, "Never use absolutes.")

That was my take on it. That they weren't supposed to have emotions, or not act on them.

Dex-chan lover
Finally. Well, this chapter was actually better than the previous ones, since it had actual stakes and changed the situation. Could've cut out a chunk of the battle and it would've been the same.
I feel a lot of it was unnecessary and without stakes, cause both will get fixed or something lol
That was my take on it. That they weren't supposed to have emotions, or not act on them.
My take is that they weren't supposed to have emotions at all, but @WhimsiCat made me rethink that :thonk:
So many times I've seen characters upset about "not having emotions." And it's not even a deliberate contradiction (like one of my favourite sayings, "Never use absolutes.")
Absolutes you say?
f5f.jpg

Contributor
I get the feeling this is a keikaku doori moment and she expected this to happen

Users who are viewing this thread