Doushitara Osananajimi ♀️ no Kanojo ni Naremasu Ka!? - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
All acording to the plan ... and my previous prediction. :pepehmm:

As a plot device, it's pretty cliche and not amazing, but it got the job done,

The lesbaiyans are aware of their feelings, I REPEAT, both lesbians are now aware of their feeling!! Ring the red alert :salute:

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

yuzu is used to being manhandled by minami in horror situations love the nonchalantness during it shows she is very much used to it

good push nanase gave there really cracked through yuzus shell and made her realize her feelings and probably a bit of minamis as well

Dex-chan lover
If you ask me, this is like the ONE yuri where the temporary rival character was actually necessary, because ain't no chance Yuzu was everrrr going to get her shit together without that essential push she just gave her.
I know, right? She came in, pushed the button, and peaced out all in like 4 chapters. She's a hero of a rival character.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, this trope is not always going to be present, but it doesn't help that it's a formula that somewhat "works".
You want to advance the plot, and, as you said, don't want to think too hard about it? Just add a rival. You want to spice things up? Just add a rival. You want an antagonist? Just add a rival.

It's something simple, which doesn't need too much thinking, and on top of that, it gets positive (In most cases) feedback from the Japanese fanbase?

It's no wonder they keep doing it here and there.
I wouldn't have so much of an issue with this if said rival was an already established character or someone who was more than just a rival. There are plenty of rivals that are very loveable and continue to stick around after their introduction arc and are general just great to have around.

Tropes can be good. We're all just annoyed this wasn't executed particularly well. This isn't me disagreeing with you, just adding my own point to this discussion.

Dex-chan lover
If you ask me, this is like the ONE yuri where the temporary rival character was actually necessary, because ain't no chance Yuzu was everrrr going to get her shit together without that essential push she just gave her.
Definitely, but it could've been better executed in several different ways. Honestly, as long as she sticks around and isn't annoying for the rest of the manga, I'm not going to complain too much though. I like my yuri simple and enjoyable, and I'm willing to turn off a little bit of the literary analysis section of my brain to enjoy some sweet sugary yuri.

Dex-chan lover
I know, right? She came in, pushed the button, and peaced out all in like 4 chapters. She's a hero of a rival character.
Totally. Of course it could have been written better, but it really did not drag out anywhere near as much as certain other yuri rival/jealousy arcs have done recently. And now Yuzu has been made aware that she might not be opposed to ruining the friendship after all. She's been such an enigma so far that this development is really refreshing. Sue me, I liked this little arc!

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't have so much of an issue with this if said rival was an already established character or someone who was more than just a rival. There are plenty of rivals that are very loveable and continue to stick around after their introduction arc and are general just great to have around.
"Bloom in to you" is the best example for this, the rival already introduced from the very beginning. And she is not straight up hate the MC and stand in her way. She is very lovable character and we all feel bad when she is rejected.

Fed-Kun's army
Character who has no chance very slowly realizing she has no chance

Dex-chan lover
I hate when Japanese writers don't know how to progress a relationship, so they just add a rival character
It didn't need another character, but sure, add an annoying rival that would live only for a couple of chapters and wouldn't actually do anything except be annoying
This was really boring and disappointing
Bro said this as if every western YA book and film doesn't do the exact same thing 😭 It's weird asl to specify Japanese authors for this unless you literally only read manga and nothing else

As overused and annoying the unnecessary rival trope is... This was done so badly I even feel offended as a reader lol. This whole arc and character was pointless, should have at least commited to it and have her be more than a just a plot device.

Dex-chan lover
In the end, even if there was a pseudo confirmation, we got nothing. Just the rival finally reading the mood and a little red on the cheeks... The hand clenching was more riveting 😒

Users who are viewing this thread