Dr. Stone

tip to all just go to a website that doesn't care about group drama, there are plenty

I wonder how bad it would be to download all the chapters from their site and then upload them back here.

Double-page supporter
@Cynni
Sadly Mangadex won't allow the reupload since they "own" the translation

The whole thing began as a non profit thing since none of us even had the authorisation to translate mangas...

And now groups are getting greedy and started thinking "since the author can't stop me I might as well get money out of it."
We should pay for their ability to work (patreon) not the series they steal...Especially JB who scanlate Tower of God who is already officially free on line...

Instead of advertising their patreon like everyone they had to be scummy and force us to use their website...

Double-page supporter
@Tsukinotaku

If Mangadex lets these thieves push around its userbase, then I'll just go to an aggregator site that DOESN'T respect the wishes of scanlator groups and read it there.

Dex-chan lover
@crypterona
MD is Just a host site for the groups, If the groups violate the wishes of the creators then yea, the GROUP should take out the translation they done on the work, MD has nothing to do With It.

Dex-chan lover
@Lady_Mercury319 It is, it's just the groups that don't let their work get uploaded here were the ones working on it. A glance at MangaUpdates shows that MangaStream and Jaimini's Box were both translating this, neither of them like Mangadex and prefer having their work stolen by old fashioned aggregators that don't ask first. Once you catch up on one of those since either of those groups sites might not even have every chapter, you could just read from the official English link too. That site has the first three chapters and three most recent chapters available for free at any given time.

JB can go f themselves... retarded scan/ts website that loads slow as shit.. if u want to collect traffic at your site first upgrade the goddamn traffic server. always slow and laggy on their site. fk it i dun care about this series anymore.

You never know what comes after turbulence.
Dr.stone is now linking to the official publisher of the series. I love the move. It's ultimately a win for everyone involved

The people complaining about the scans can go suck a dick , this is free??? What are you paying exactly ???

@tdlm123 Yet but people that do illegal scanning and translations as a hobby want loads of cash emphasis on hobby get to ruin other peoples hobbies of reading?

@Middleware Sigh... it wasn't a win for me.
I am a non-Japanese person living in Japan, this blue balled me by pretending to have the first Dr Stone chapters, then redirecting me to a fun 'this is blocked in your country' message.
Of course, I can read the first chapters in Japanese for free in the Japanese version of the website, but trying to access English versions or subtitles for Japanese things legitimately in Japan is even harder than outside Japan. I've actually bought it from a store too in Japanese so I've already paid for it I just want to check if I understand it correctly.

The really annoying thing is that i now can't even see which chapter i was at in the first place. A Mangadex problem, not the scanlator's.

Users who are viewing this thread