Dragon and Chameleon - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Trust What I Have to Say

Custom title
Staff
Developer
tags: mindbreak

As something of an artist myself, Fugaku's putdown really was kind of soul crushing to see here.

Anyway, time flies huh. This was the last chapter of Volume 4. I'll try to get the extras and a couple of chapters done in the near future.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to seeing this geezer have an "Akane-banashi moment" where he gets put in his place

Dex-chan lover
Super curious when Orochi here figures out who this new kid really is. I feel Orochi is the type to have secretly been a super fan of DL, to the point he maybe noticed the change in quality and or spirit of the original, compared to this new series by this once nobody kid.
But Im writing fan fiction at this point trying to guess whats next

Peak as always!

Dude seriously tried to put down a much younger manga artist with half a million followers lol. Being able to amass such following is no easy task esp publishing three-page manga for a limited audience like Japan (120m people and probably only 40-50m are in the social media age group). Even the most popular japanese illustrators/mangakas barely have more than 1m followers on twitter. Yusuke Murata (@Nebu_Kuro) has 1.1m followers and he is popular world wide.

Chasing trends and making interesting one shots is a huge talent in itself. That means she knows full well what people like, how to make people engaged and how to run a social media account. If it was so easy everyone would be having tens of millions followers. Sure, being a household name that sells manga volumes doesn't need to correlate with social media following(for example, Eiichiro Oda has no social media accounts that we know of), but putting down her achievement and criticism of her manga are way uncalled for. Plus, she is actually quite likable lol

I feel like irl a person like that would actually land a top spot at any major publisher no problem, not just weekly orochi as long as they consistently get views. They could also self publish and make lots too. Maybe half a mil followers was a number too high?

Dex-chan lover
Man, can you imagine...? Miura-sensei, free of all deadlines, devoid of any fatigue... Drawing in public on a huge canvas a fresco so magnificent that the audience would kneel down to pray ? Wish we could see this...

This manga really catches how an author can influece his readers.

Users who are viewing this thread