Dragon Claw - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Rotten to the Core

Dex-chan lover
Always a fun read
If you see this author then keep it up

Mna

cool buildup with the "old man", looking forward to the next chapter. as always, thanks for the chapter!

Group Leader
Thanks everyone for your comments! They motivate me a lot! : )

@Civilhunter Yeah I wonder what he saw :^ )

@wolfgirl1842 Thanks! I'm interested, do you think the style has changed/improved from chapter 1 to 8?

@Space_Cannoli I would feel the same, It's like the wait for the Attack on Titan chapters, but they would be only half as long?! That would be a real pain. Sadly I'm not faster than this right now. I'm already drawing pretty much the whole day. Yesterday I was drawing the last panels from morning to pretty much midnight, then I went straight to bed haha. But I want to draw faster without losing the art quality, someday I will archieve that!

@fcevil I see every comment o.o Thanks! I'm working hard on future content!

@Mna Oh I'm excited to reveal more. But only 24 pages a month isn't much : ( I really need to get faster, no idea how, but I'm working on it.

@HuevoPodrido Thanks! Every time I draw a chapter I think about future story developments and get really excited for them.

Aggregator gang
Damn, I went to bed just before you uploaded the chapter, I'm not used to be this late.

Anyway, a lot of cool double pages today. Also, when he criticized the monster's choice of attack, it reminded me of when an experimented player makes fun of someone in a fighting game haha.

Group Leader
@maronic02 Yeah, I uploaded it very late. I went to sleep right after posting it too. Well, now we have 2 months waiting time, thats going to be pretty long : (

@RaoulD Fixed. Thanks again RaoulD!

@jia-art i feels more drawn and less sketched over the chapters if that makes since. i like how it fits the story and conveys animation well wile feeling unique.

Fed-Kun's army
I just found your manga, very nice work ! Mid way I forgot this was User created/amateur, I could totally binge a 100chaps manga with this style, Please continue :)
Ngl, I like the action but what I love the most in manga is romance, and at first, I thought it was Jin the ML, that moment he betrayed her was kind of disappointing.
Until now, even the romance has very very subtle (or none at all ?), I could sense some possible romance between the spear guy and Asato, maybe I'm wrong but it has the romance tag so, yeah....

If Asato love interest is the spear guy, I wouldn't mind at this point, he seems a nice guy, I just pray Jin doesn't comes back and create a love triangle.

I wasn't excepting to get so into this story, now I cant wait to see how things will go for Asato.

Group Leader
@wolfgirl1842 Oh yeah, that makes sense. I noticed the same and I think it will continue to improve like that because I don't really settle with a style, I always want to improve something about it. I'm also very excited for big fights and how I will draw them in the future.

@WhiteEkans Thanks for your kind words! I personally hate love triangles with a burning passion, so don't worry about that. I have so may other things I want to tell, a love triangle would just be a waste of time. I also think we don't have any manga with a good romance in a fantasy setting, it doesn't even have to take center stage, just a good romance subplot that doesn't happen in urban japan or something. Also, Jin wasn't really a love interest. He was more like an older brother. He's about 3-4 years older than Asato and he was pretty much her guardian. I will get more into that at a later point.

One question, how did you find my Manga?

Fed-Kun's army
@jia-art Oh that's good to know :) I share that hate towards love triangles, it will truly be a waste of time, thank god there won't be any of that. Sadly eastern countries are really into that kind of crappy romance "drama". I also agree that we don't have a good romance in a fantasy setting,(at least that I know until now since most of the time it gets wasted with the forced harem, my other most hated tag) I'm counting on you now :D Can't wait to see Asato get some affection :*)

So, basically, I found your manga because I wanted to do something similar, my own manga, and I searched on MD all the romance User-created (your cover got my attention instantly with the "ninja" FMC :) ). I already have some projects, but with work and other things aside, I barely have time for it, so there are all still projects for now. Also, I have quite a few doubts about whether I can do it since I have zero experience with digital drawing. You do yours digitally right? I planned on hand drawing and then scan it, but it sounds like it will not look that good, like people who do it on photoshop, maybe I need to retouch my drawing digitally afterwards. I still have a lot of things to learn, but I really want to put my ideas out there, even if it takes me years.

Edit; I just visited your patreon, and I m quite shocked, 7-9 hours for one page :O
Its also interesting to see from your first digital drawing, compare to your art now, incredible ! Definetly gives me hope. Also, all my respect that you do this as full time now, you are definetly my inspiration now :) By the way, did you frequent some art school or course or something ? Or was it all online stuff or ytb videos and self learning ?
Sorry to bother you with all the questions, I just got super hyped seeing how you succeed giving life to your project, and how maybe my projects could became real one day :)

Group Leader
@CBFlap Interesting, let's see how people like the new volume 1 cover art I'm working on.

Yes, I work digitally and I would highly recommend learning digital, because its way more efficient than traditional drawing. I would also recommend starting with a cheap tablet, to see if you even like working digital or not and then upgrade to something like a "Wacom intous Pro Medium" which is fairly expensive at 300€ but It's really good. The program I would use is Clip Studio Paint. It's way better for drawing manga than Photoshop and it doesn't cost monthly. If you get it in a sale (which is pretty often) you pay 20€ one time and it's done.

I did go to a digital art/game design school but that was a big waste of time. Most of the things they told me I already knew from yt videos and self learning. I highly recommend against art schools if you are diligent and have the patience to draw every day. We can learn so much on the internet, really the only thing you need is practice. See it like a video game where you farm XP from defeating enemies.

The other thing is, commit to something. Don't give up. I started maybe 9 different manga before I created Dragon Claw. Most of them didn't go longer then a handful of pages. But some went to 30 or even 200 sketches. Every time I said "no, I learned so much in the progress of this, I wan't to restart and apply what I learned"

So, be diligent and don't give up. Drawing is basically a shounen manga

Fed-Kun's army
@jia-art Thanks for all the info, Im taking notes :)
Just the last part, drawing is like a shounen, hmm... you are probably referring to the aspect of how the Mc goes from zero to hero but currently, I don't really like shounen content, since the audience is young boys <16 yo, most aspects are childish and never deeply developed with a forced moral to educate kids. That would be the only point I fear about your manga.

Well, I can't wait for the development of Dragon Claw, best luck :D

Users who are viewing this thread