Dragon Yashinatte Kudasai

Dex-chan lover
The synopsis made me think this was going to be nonsensical "subverting your expectations" garbage, but I find myself liking the characters and the explanation as to why they are together. Definitely looking forward to more of this.

Double-page supporter
Relatable, nothing more annoying than a monster character getting interesting and then immediately turning into a human, or a human with a tail or something asinine like that. Was another on this site that did that pissed me right off, something about a dragon that ended up with slimes as followers until a few chapters in when he turned into just another OP adventuring human - blarg.

That aside, this is cute but the characters personalities are REALLY flat - you could blot out all the dragon's dialogue and nothing of value would be lost but this could be from bad translation perhaps.

Dex-chan lover
let's put the cards on the table: it reminds me of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon

that being said, it goes quite in the opposite direction. I like and respect that. It became such an annoyance that so many creatures in mangas lately get humanoid forms (and loli too, to make matters worse) so this one is refreshing in that regard.

It’s only been two chapters, but I agree that the characters are a little flat.

But darn it’s nice to see other people get as annoyed as I do about the whole monster-to-human pipeline. I. Want.Monsters! Monster MCs, Monster side characters! Aren’t humans harder to draw because it’s easier to tell when somethings funky with the design?

Looking forward to the rest of this slice of life.

Finally, something perfect to read after long Monster Hunter sessions.

Fed-Kun's army
oh nice, good to see Mikase Shoun get serialized, I've been following this guy's oneshots for a while

Dex-chan lover
Cute, but I also can't get over how it doesn't quite make sense for a dragon to remain hidden in the middle of a town, where only the MC, who happens to like dragons, sees her.
It would make more sense setting-wise, to have a middle-aged MC who works on a mountain or something, happen by the dragon, and then they slowly start to mingle. The story can go from there, to explore their relationship together, and each other individually as people. At some point they can even go down town, and explore that avenue...

At the moment, however, the story feels like it is a bit too limited by the fact that "A god damn huge dragon has to hide in the middle of a town, and due to too many coincidences, only the MC is aware of her existence."
It also doesn't help that the MC is a poor student, so it gives off a lot of self-projection vibes.

It'd have been good to just make away with these issues to begin with, but whatever. It's still cute, but could've been better..

Well I'm glad there's japanese people out there who also hate the stinking trope of "humanization" of the various mystical creatures. I too have gotten disgusted by seeing something transform into a human and the normal form is almost never seen again.

Did this get dropped by its scanlators? They used to consistently put out two chapters every month, but it's been like 3 since the last one.

I think the scanlator (it's a one-man team from what I've seen) is on an extended break/hiatus atm, but didn't explicitly drop this project.

Users who are viewing this thread