Drama Queen - Ch. 69 - Must Be Nice

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 7, 2025
Messages
244
First: Chapter 69, Must be Nice.

Secondly, this was actually a pretty cool chapter all things considered, a final airing out of the titular pointless drama that has been the driving force of the story this whole time. Not actually delving into Nomamoto's perspective on Seiran actually dying is pretty inspired, given that every time we've been inside her head she comes across as an emotionally stunted sociopath, uncomfortable with the idea of emotional intimacy, thus just seeing her growing expression of utter incomprehension, as if she doesn't understand what she herself is feeling about this, is pretty great.

Thirdly; Backbone better not actually be dead I swear to all that holy on this earth.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
2,501
I feel something is missing between Nomamoto and Kitami that would have made this chapter more meaningful. Like, it's a missed opportunity because the author couldn't squeeze in that specific bit of character development.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
1,423
Kitami's glazing of Namamoto is hard to believe


I'm gonna be a drama queen now: "NOOO PLEASE DON'T END LIKE THIS! THERE ARE NO MORE GOOD STORIES NOWADAYS AFTER CHAINSAW MAN"
I identify with this so here are some: isekai ojisan, dai dark, tsuyoshi. But they update monthly except for Tsuyoshi which is every couple of days but gets translated in batches. Somehow Drama Queen became the only thing filling my weekly CSM shaped hole
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
1,423
I see the author tried to make Kitami's state a reflection of Lilly's: all fucked up and infected with space covid. But giving both to him in a single space taxi ride is a lot
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
370
Kitami's glazing of Namamoto is hard to believe



I identify with this so here are some: isekai ojisan, dai dark, tsuyoshi. But they update monthly except for Tsuyoshi which is every couple of days but gets translated in batches. Somehow Drama Queen became the only thing filling my weekly CSM shaped hole
Thanks for being able to express my feelings with better wording. After CSM I have a hole (lol), partially filled with Drama Queen. It was quite a good story and I am buying the volumes translated in my native language. I'm kind of concerned there's nothing like CSM outside. No more manga with a visceral "soul" and mentally unwell characters but mostly hollow stories. Dai Dark seems interesting, I loved Dorohedoro. I will give it a try, thanks!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
370
Kitami's glazing of Namamoto is hard to believe



I identify with this so here are some: isekai ojisan, dai dark, tsuyoshi. But they update monthly except for Tsuyoshi which is every couple of days but gets translated in batches. Somehow Drama Queen became the only thing filling my weekly CSM shaped hole
Thanks for being able to express my feelings with better wording. After CSM I have a hole (lol), partially filled with Drama Queen. It was quite a good story and I am buying the volumes translated in my native language. I'm kind of concerned there's nothing like CSM outside. No more manga with a visceral "soul" and mentally unwell characters but mostly hollow stories. Dai Dark seems interesting, I loved Dorohedoro. I will give it a try, thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top