Usotsuki Hanayome to Dousei Kekkon-ron - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Must Be Nice to Get Married.

Dex-chan lover
I love some of Naoko Kodama's works so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Thank you for the translation (lesbian FemC is so cute and sexy).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Straight slut and hopeless lesbian. And I know this author works :shamihuh: I'm 90% sure that I'll drop it after a few chapters. But! I still have a... Hope for a rainbow future xD

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! I’m interested to see where this one goes, shaping up to be some classic kodama naoko i hope

Group Leader
Same, all I can think of right now is 'Oof not another straight girl gl who's just deciding to cheat on husband and hurt protagonist for their own convenience in the process' yuck 😐
I'll suggest a little more it's slow burn and building up right now I'd say 5 or 6.

Group Leader
Same, all I can think of right now is 'Oof not another straight girl gl who's just deciding to cheat on husband and hurt protagonist for their own convenience in the process' yuck 😐
gonna give the same advice as the one you're replying to this is shaping up to be extremely slow burn.

Dex-chan lover
Hum... Is this the kind of Yuri that will make me question if I'm a masochist? The curiosity killed the wolf kind of yuri? If you see me crying in the comment section, don't pity me, cause I might actually be the first wolf with multiple lives 💀(yes, I learned it the hard way)

Dex-chan lover
Can't speak for other countries, but lesbian divorce rates are even higher than hetero in the U.S. Marriage may not be the best idea if they're expecting something long term.

Telling Japanese queer women, or the fictional couple in this manga (?), that they should not bother with marriage because of Statistics, is kind of strange. Not only because the former is unlikely to read these comments, and the latter is not real, but because... Same-sex marriage is not legal in Japan. Let those couples worry about whether marriage is right for them when they can actually get married.

Double-page supporter
Can't speak for other countries, but lesbian divorce rates are even higher than hetero in the U.S. Marriage may not be the best idea if they're expecting something long term.
I don't think that a lot of open lesbians are conservative and liberals are less likely to think that marriage is for life so it's probably just caused by that correlation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that a lot of open lesbians are conservative and liberals are less likely to think that marriage is for life so it's probably just caused by that correlation.
That correlation sounds plausible, but from what I could find it has not been researched yet (there's just not much interest in researching this stuff anyway).

The divorce rate for female-female couples is apparently consistently higher than for gay couples across countries, but the reason isn't anything as simple as "a marriage needs a man to be stable" or whatever the other user was trying to imply. The wife initiates 7 in 10 hetero divorces (data from a US law firm) too, which rather suggests that women and men on average have different sets of priorities and expectations in marriage, so if we want to compare divorce rates, it should be with that in mind.

Dex-chan lover
what do you mean? do you think the lesbian couples wouldve been more long term without marriage? why do you think lesbian divorce rates are higher? (not in an attacking way, just curious as to your thought process) also an interesting suggestion for a manga whose lesbian author actually would not be able to get married in the source country 😆

Fed-Kun's army
im hoping this upsets certain straight men incredibly as often happens for these stories! just kidding… or am i 😳😆 glad that commenter blocked bc why walk into a designer shoe store and order pizza you know what i mean
While I do enjoy seeing them get mad, I hope they drop it or avoid this manga completely. We don't need the discussions to be filled with whining and complaining every chapter.
This was my thought as well.

Though, it's also worth noting that both the title, and set-up, imply that this is specifically about how the social/legal impediments towards homosexuality basically encourages, and facilitates, cheating.
Glad someone else pointed this out. Seems like this is going to actually make some interesting social commentary on the marriage system and homosexuality in Japan. That's inherently more interesting than a standard cheating story.

Dex-chan lover
Since Netsuzou Trap, Kodama hooked me with her character designs, and kept me with how she pulls zero punches with the ugly sides of being a lesbian. It's not pretty but I feel seen in a lot of her works, can't wait to see what gutpunches and potential happiness is around the corner with this one

Power Uploader
Thanks for the TL! I’m interested to see where this one goes, shaping up to be some classic kodama naoko i hope
The Japanese release is at chapter 3 now I think, maybe even four:
Letdown thusfar to be honest. It's strangely still the thing I look forward to the most in the magazine each month but the promotional image is also very deceptive and it doesn't play out like that at all.

Contributor
Kodama, the same plot over and over, but good for her, if you get published and paid then go for it. :D

Dex-chan lover
Well I at least like how the MC has actual emotional intelligence and isn't just giving into this weird situation. I don't like Netsuzou Trap but the first chapter wasn't so bad so I'll give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread