Drawing: Saikyou Mangaka wa Oekaki Skill de Isekai Musou Suru! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Altar of the Evil Cult

Power Uploader
Beat the mommy cultist and then we'll have to correct her, correction needed 💢 💢

Aggregator gang
even when the enemy boss is on the verge of death I bet the MC would be like "OK GOOD WE CAN ESCAPE AND GET HELP"
Yeah, my beef with him has been that this is an emergency situation and he's still trying to hide his power when he knows summoners exist and he could've just drawn one or two human shaped golems in the rock to help them escape instead of whining about running away and leaving the other children. Now, looks like he will be forced to use his powers. If the author leans on the hide-your-power-trope too much with this story then I'm done among other things.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, my beef with him has been that this is an emergency situation and he's still trying to hide his power when he knows summoners exist and he could've just drawn one or two human shaped golems in the rock to help them escape instead of whining about running away and leaving the other children. Now, looks like he will be forced to use his powers. If the author leans on the hide-your-power-trope too much with this story then I'm done among other things.
Literally everything MC said made sense, it's just that Medis has one serious case of Hero Syndrome and its annoying as hell ugh.. What if he tried summoning something, but something goes wrong since he himself isn't 100% in the know of his own power, or what if the cult has some measures on their site, Mister Hero Complex is literally just blindly pushing in

Aggregator gang
Literally everything MC said made sense, it's just that Medis has one serious case of Hero Syndrome and its annoying as hell ugh.. What if he tried summoning something, but something goes wrong since he himself isn't 100% in the know of his own power, or what if the cult has some measures on their site, Mister Hero Complex is literally just blindly pushing in
Sure, and no disrespect but MC makes sense to a selfish person. MC is an adult (from another world) in a child's body. At this point, his actions are still similar to his old world despite declarations that he'd change. In his old world, he was selfish and only caring about his success. That's what I see here if we're going to talk about MC's reasoning. From the start of this situation, MC was only thinking about his own escape. Not about what would happen to the rest of the kids (as an adult, mentally).

And Medis made this point to MC and he admitted that he couldn't refute it, but continued to try to get her to ignore her own beliefs and just escape with him. My beef is that MC had the ability to, at least, help, instead he choose the hide-your-power choice by way of the author choosing this because it's typical of isekai stories.

Plus, everything you brought up could just as easily be obstacles to an attempted escape. MC also didn't know if any of the other children may have had abilities they could've used to help in the escape. I'm not saying they shouldn't have attempted to escape, but MC just wanted to escape with himself and Medis.

I'm guessing by now you've read ahead. This goes on even when they find out the escape path is directly through the main room where the main boss is and they have to fight. He still hides-his-power and lets Medis fight until the last moment just before she's about to die. It's at that exact moment that MC realizes he was just being like his old selfish self and then decides to fight...at the last moment. I'm not the only one who got annoyed with this.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, and no disrespect but MC makes sense to a selfish person. MC is an adult (from another world) in a child's body. At this point, his actions are still similar to his old world despite declarations that he'd change. In his old world, he was selfish and only caring about his success. That's what I see here if we're going to talk about MC's reasoning. From the start of this situation, MC was only thinking about his own escape. Not about what would happen to the rest of the kids (as an adult, mentally).

And Medis made this point to MC and he admitted that he couldn't refute it, but continued to try to get her to ignore her own beliefs and just escape with him. My beef is that MC had the ability to, at least, help, instead he choose the hide-your-power choice by way of the author choosing this because it's typical of isekai stories.

Plus, everything you brought up could just as easily be obstacles to an attempted escape. MC also didn't know if any of the other children may have had abilities they could've used to help in the escape. I'm not saying they shouldn't have attempted to escape, but MC just wanted to escape with himself and Medis.

I'm guessing by now you've read ahead. This goes on even when they find out the escape path is directly through the main room where the main boss is and they have to fight. He still hides-his-power and lets Medis fight until the last moment just before she's about to die. It's at that exact moment that MC realizes he was just being like his old selfish self and then decides to fight...at the last moment. I'm not the only one who got annoyed with this.
Yes, I did read further, but then again him showing his power there brought upon another annoying trope.. which is Miss Hero Complex later on breaking her promise, to force him to help her Country, because why not she's a princess and apparently everything resolves around her, so she's breaking the promise at her own convenience without giving a single fudge what he thinks..

Aggregator gang
Yes, I did read further, but then again him showing his power there brought upon another annoying trope.. which is Miss Hero Complex later on breaking her promise, to force him to help her Country, because why not she's a princess and apparently everything resolves around her, so she's breaking the promise at her own convenience without giving a single fudge what he thinks..
Not sure what some of you expect in these stories. I'm not a slice-of-life fan because I see that tag and read that as lazy story ploting or way too much wish fulfillment. But in a story like this, MC with a lazy mind or "I want to be normal" or whatever mentality or to put it better, no ambition, needs a catalyst to push them along on an adventure. Yes, even if they're running around doing their own thing.

But you're talking to someone who has no problem with MC's getting caught up in political intrigue and I don't need MC's to be edgy loner and all that. I'm actually tired of those types of characters as they oversaturate Asian entertainment.

She's a leader of a country. Her country needs help. I think some of you, and authors, who portray characters like this ALWAYS in a negative light have never pondered the concept/reality of having people that you're responsible for and what you would have to do to keep them safe. She knows someone is sitting on their but in the countryside doing absolutely NOTHING who could help. What is she supposed to do? Let him still sit around lazing about when she knows he can achieve so much more? That doesn't make any sense. And she only told one person so far. Her bestfriend Knight guardian, so she could go get him and as far as the princess is concerned, as I've been saying, she just sees his power as a super OP summoner power and not what it really is.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure what some of you expect in these stories. I'm not a slice-of-life fan because I see that tag and read that as lazy story ploting or way too much wish fulfillment. But in a story like this, MC with a lazy mind or "I want to be normal" or whatever mentality or to put it better, no ambition, needs a catalyst to push them along on an adventure. Yes, even if they're running around doing their own thing.

But you're talking to someone who has no problem with MC's getting caught up in political intrigue and I don't need MC's to be edgy loner and all that. I'm actually tired of those types of characters as they oversaturate Asian entertainment.

She's a leader of a country. Her country needs help. I think some of you, and authors, who portray characters like this ALWAYS in a negative light have never pondered the concept/reality of having people that you're responsible for and what you would have to do to keep them safe. She knows someone is sitting on their but in the countryside doing absolutely NOTHING who could help. What is she supposed to do? Let him still sit around lazing about when she knows he can achieve so much more? That doesn't make any sense. And she only told one person so far. Her bestfriend Knight guardian, so she could go get him and as far as the princess is concerned, as I've been saying, she just sees his power as a super OP summoner power and not what it really is.
He has absolutely nothing to do with her country and even, if he decides to do nothing thats not on her and he didint send her to get him.. The way she goes about it is threatening/forcing him to help. There could've been much more he could eventually do, but as you said, this ALSO is an overused character model in asian enternainment.. I'm also 200% sure he just will do her bidding and let it slide like nothing happened

Aggregator gang
He has absolutely nothing to do with her country and even, if he decides to do nothing thats not on her and he didint send her to get him.. The way she goes about it is threatening/forcing him to help. There could've been much more he could eventually do, but as you said, this ALSO is an overused character model in asian enternainment.. I'm also 200% sure he just will do her bidding and let it slide like nothing happened
WTF, MC grew up in her country. Are you paying attention to the story? I realize that in certain areas of the world, people today are discouraged from having any form of patriotism as that's wrongly labeled as nationalism which is wrongly labeled as eeeeevvvilllll. Anyways, he's a citizen of her country. No, I don't agree with the idea that he should just meander about doing squat while there's danger on the horizon. I think for those of you who think that, don't consider the reality that if a character (or person IRL) has the capability to help their country ward off an invading force, then they more than likely should help else that invading force is going to inevitably rob them of their "peaceful" and I'll add, selfish existence.

WTF more could he eventually do? MC was getting himself in debt, wasting away his life doing dumb stuff if you've read further enough ahead to get to the point where it's revealed Medis is the princess (it's also implied now acting Queen) of Stromheim, the country MC grew up in. Yes, even if it's passed off as MC 'trying to help out his friend' he's been doing absolute squat with his ability living the life of someone who "doesn't have magic" doing the typical Isekai slice-of-life nonsense of "just living [his] life as himself" until the Knight lady shows up. He wasn't doing anything of any significance other than bumming around and no, I don't like those types of characters. Yes, I know there's a mysterious plot point about him and why the maid is hovering around him trying to keep him incognito. But, the point of a story as I hinted at above is to see a character go through something, usually in fantasy worlds (sword & sorcery stuffs) to see them go through some type of adventure. Not sit at home and meander about talking about how great food is and all that other nonsense you often see in isekai (not to say I don't sometimes indulge until I get annoyed about stories without plots that meander about to nowhere and character's that lack any type of goals or ambition).

Let's face it, heroic characters are more popular than anti-hero and/or edgy loner types (unless you're a teenager) and definitely quasi evil or full blown evil characters because heroic characters are what people aspire to be. This isn't even getting into deeper literary analysis or popularity stuffs. For personal entertainment values, I get it, but in Asian stories the loner edgy type is way, way more overdone than the heroic type. Especially in recent years. The heroic type is more often played off as the fool by the isekai and fantasy writers who want to write about an edgy lonerish anti-hero who surprise, surprise, still acts like a heroic archetype because guess what, those appeal to larger audiences than a selfish jerk type character. Just saying. Not to say that a loner, selfish jerk type edgy anti-hero doesn't have their place in story telling so long as the author is aware and perhaps that character flaw is something the character has to learn to change over the course of the story. If so, that's fine, but the way they're done in Asian entertainment is just copy & paste across the board most of the time.

I don't plan to deep dive into this further than this because although I like some of Im Dal Young's work, he has a tendency to take forever to finish projects and prefers odd types of relationship dynamics, etc. What I'm saying, is I don't plan to read this story religiously. Maybe drop back in when I forget about it and see the cover again some time in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread